Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Psa uppers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Understand your audience...

M4 Carbine.net is a group of mostly Military, LEO, firearms industry venders, that push there equipment hard. Understand that the first recommendation that you get here will not the cheapest AR budget rifle, as great of an experience as some may have with the budget AR rifle. Palmetto State Armory is priced right for what you get but for a few hundred dollars more you can buy an AR with a well documented QC program. Failure of your AR at the wrong time could cost you more than you may be willing to pay, if you get my drift.

With that said I own the following AR’s: 1 PSA, 3 Aero Precision, 1 BCM, and 1 LMT. I use the Areo Precision and PSA AR’s the most. The LMT and BCM take turns standing ready should they ever be needed in a moments notice.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    There are a lot of way to roll, and the best decision will be the informed decision.

Since the question is about PSA uppers, there's a series of what I would consider very objective evaluation of the PSA Freedom AR15 online by Rob Ski.

Here's the last of the series, after a 5000 round evaluation/test,

Last edited by MontanaMarine; 01-01-20 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    Another objective PSA Freedom review here,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Whole lot of nope here. Basic features, sure, they’re similar because they’re all basic. But they’re far from being about the same as our issues Colts and FNs. PSA’s consistency and QA/QC is known to be lacking at best, non-existent at worse. They make tons of guns that work, but they also make a much higher percentage of flawed guns and components than the better brands out there. I’ve been super happy that mine has right around 1k rounds through it without an issue, but the staking on the original BCG was super weak and I still expect it to fail at any point. My current one can shoot a 1” group at 50m while another one that I had was sitting at 3”.

PSAs are good if you truly can’t afford better, without saving for many more months. But that’s only their really cheap stuff and it should have the expectation of failure. Their CHF line is supposed to be better, but typically are so close in price to the actual good companies that it doesn’t make sense to buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% AGREE with your statement Wake27, let me say that right off.
    They HAVE made their fair share or more of problematic stuff. And also 100% correct nowhere near Colt/FN spec quality.
    NOW, THAT SAID- as for the rifles that ARE built right, that HAVE been vetted...whats your opinion, & everyone elses here, on those specific rifles?
    The ones I own, & the ones Ive shot, have all been as accurate as most any other. Mine shoots like yours Wake27.
    I do not put them up as anywhere near quality of Sionics, Colt, FN, LMT, which is my primary rifle, or any of the known high end guns.
    I merely report that MINE has shot 1610 or so rounds flawlessly. Used many different type mags, all fit/fed/dropped100%.
    Got it hotter twice than any rifle I ever shot, including in the Marine Corps. Ran it dirty. Been over it as best I could looking for improper build or parts. None.
    So, Im ASKING- those of you down on PSA rightly or wrongly, would YOU consider this rifle SD/SHTF ect. worthy at this point?
    If not, what else would it take? What do I need to check for at this point?
    You wont hurt my feelings with facts or info, so have at it.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 01-01-20 at 19:29.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebaker24 View Post
    The purpose would probably be a home defense gun/fun gun, for some range shooting. And for my budget I would like to keep it under 800 or 700 bucks, but I plan to build it little by little starting with the lower then just buying a complete upper
    A lot of good advice here from the seasoned members. You just missed the sale of the century on Black Friday with so many deals to be had from so many quality companies. But if you look around, especially at some of the companies that advertise here and the EE you will still be able to put together a quality rifle at a good price.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP- theres an unfired, BCM 16" middy in the Exhange for $550, just an fyi.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What’s the purpose of your planned rifle?
    It doesn't really matter because 90% of the time, the right choice is an AR with a 16 inch barrel and an adjustable stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebaker24 View Post
    The purpose would probably be a home defense gun/fun gun, for some range shooting. And for my budget I would like to keep it under 800 or 700 bucks, but I plan to build it little by little starting with the lower then just buying a complete upper
    See what I mean?

Kyle, a PSA wil teach you more about troubleshooting and tweaking an AR than you'll ever want to know.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There's a complete BCM upper with 15" kmr, bcm bcg and gunfighter charging handle right now for $550.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    100% AGREE with your statement Wake27, let me say that right off.
    They HAVE made they fair share or more of problematic stuff. And also 100% correct nowhere near Colt/FN spec quality.
    NOW, THAT SAID- as for the rifles that ARE built right, that HAVE been vetted...whats your opinion, & everyone elses here, on those specific rifles?
    The ones I own, & the ones Ive shot, have all been as accurate as most any other. Mine shoots like yours Wake27.
    I do not put them up as anywhere near quality of Sionics, Colt, FN, LMT, which is my primary rifle, or any of the known high end guns.
    I merely report that MINE has shot 1610 or so rounds flawlessly. Used many different type mags, all fit/fed/dropped100%.
    Got it hotter twice than any rifle I ever shot, including in the Marine Corps. Ran it dirty. Been over it as best I could looking for improper build or parts. None.
    So, Im ASKING- those of you down on PSA rightly or wrongly, would YOU consider this rifle SD/SHTF ect. worthy at this point?
    If not, what else would it take? What do I need to check for at this point?
    You wont hurt my feelings with facts or info, so have at it.
    I have no idea to be honest. I go back and forth on it. I swapped the standard BCG with the weak staking that was included for one of their premium BCGs and I've never had any type of issue with the rifle, at all. I have 945 rounds through it, mixture of steel cased and brass and I don't think I've cleaned it. So by all means, it may be completely good to go for thousands of more rounds. But I have KAC and BCMs that would all be in the chute first and personally, I don't think I would ever fully trust it just because I know it isn't built and checked to the same standards.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Also was looking at aero uppers seem to be good qaulity

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast