Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactics vs Vehicle burglary at home

Feedback Score

Tactics vs Vehicle burglary at home

Your home at night. Motion-lights come on, or auto alarm, or dog barks, etc, alerting you to trouble outside.

You look out a window (or ?) And see your vehicle being broken into by one or more people. Obviously this is for a vehicle parked outside. Or maybe it's in the garage and you left the garage door open? Or they opened it? (There are ways)

Options? Tactics?
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-01-20 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Call the police. Give the best description possible. If they come in the house, shoot them. I’m not going outside to confront one or more scumbags in a situation where lives may be lost and potentially face criminal and/or civilian litigation over my vehicle or it’s contents.

Feedback Score
    In my state I can't shoot to protect property, so I am forced by law to watch my vehicle being stolen. I would then have to call the cops, wait a few hours until they arrive then waste time telling them what happened so I can have a report to give the insurance company.

Feedback Score
    Yea, that's the conclusion I came to.

Was hoping I was wrong.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well, in Texas (originating back when folks tried to steal from outta your house, or take your livestock):

Texas Penal Code § 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 ;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In Illinois the use of deadly force cannot be used to defend property. As indicated above, the laws vary from state to state.

If you are located in Florida, you would have to refer to Florida law for guidance.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lethal force to defend property isn't legal in Minnesota.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We had one of these food delivery (grub hub) type mongoloids waving down my son last night. He came and grabbed me and said some guy is waving him out from behind my kid's car.

I was like "Shit!" I can't just grab an M4 and head out there. Popped the door open with the security screen still locked and the guy had the sense to shout to see if we'd ordered food. No issue beyond that.

I'd have a tough time NOT confronting an outright thief, although it starts stacking the odds against you if you end up using force.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I know the law is the law. But honestly, **** thieves. If they think stealing is ok, they should be certain it’s worth their life. Cause I traded part of my life to legally acquire what I have. I shouldn’t have to sit and watch those unwilling to work for a living stealing things I’ve worked hard for. In a just world, I say crack the window and start sending rounds down range. It’ll be the only way to cure criminals. They have to know we are willing to kill over something being stolen. They’ve given up any right to life when they try to take my things. Honestly, my stuff is worth more than their life. This attitude of its just stuff, it can be replaced, empowers these criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Options? Tactics?
    Last few times that's happened to me I did some combination of flip more outside lights on, shine flashlight out the window, yell out the window, manually activate the house alarm or car panic button, make sure the cams are running, and call the cops. No need for more confrontation than that.

We have an end of day procedure at the house that verifies windows, doors, cars, cams, lights. Heck, even the cars in my garage are locked. Good habits to have.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast