Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactics vs Vehicle burglary at home

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I know the law is the law. But honestly, **** thieves. If they think stealing is ok, they should be certain it’s worth their life. Cause I traded part of my life to legally acquire what I have. I shouldn’t have to sit and watch those unwilling to work for a living stealing things I’ve worked hard for. In a just world, I say crack the window and start sending rounds down range. It’ll be the only way to cure criminals. They have to know we are willing to kill over something being stolen. They’ve given up any right to life when they try to take my things. Honestly, my stuff is worth more than their life. This attitude of its just stuff, it can be replaced, empowers these criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is how I feel. It was a huge mistake for out legislators and courts to decide that a criminal has a right to steal without their life being forfeited if caught in the act. But I don't wanna go to prison for my truck, or get sued by some scumabags survivors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    This is how I feel. It was a huge mistake for out legislators and courts to decide that a criminal has a right to steal without their life being forfeited if caught in the act. But I don't wanna go to prison for my truck, or get sued by some scumabags survivors.
    I hear you completely. It just enclosed them. This country is turning into a country full of pussies that don’t have a spine and care to much about not offending others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Your home at night. Motion-lights come on, or auto alarm, or dog barks, etc, alerting you to trouble outside.

You look out a window (or ?) And see your vehicle being broken into by one or more people. Obviously this is for a vehicle parked outside. Or maybe it's in the garage and you left the garage door open? Or they opened it? (There are ways)

Options? Tactics?

Tell my wife to start playing banjo and shoot them to death with my bow.

Seriously call the cops, hit the panic button on the car. Someone taking change from my car is not worth engaging myself into.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-02-20 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Tell my wife to start playing banjo and shoot them to death with my bow.

Seriously call the cops, hit the panic button on the car. Someone taking change from my car is not worth engaging myself into.
    Yea, lights, noise, dont let them see you. Wait for cops to get report for insurance company.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    right to life when they try to take my things. Honestly, my stuff is worth more than their life. This attitude of its just stuff, it can be replaced, empowers these criminals.

More like my freedom is worth more than my stuff. Which is what I'd loose if I started shooting out the window.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd certainly let them steal my car if the alternative was even the possibility of months in court, breathtaking legal fees, and possible jail at the hands of a County Attorney trying to make a point.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    According to my awfully loose interpretation of Arizona law; I am allowed to use force in the protection of my property, and this gets ramped up to Lethal force in the presence of my home or vehicle. Basically the way I read it; If Im inside my house and someone is messing with my truck, a baseball bat is fair game if kept to the tibs, fibs and pelvis.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Make sure there is nothing in your car worth stealing. From the outside looking in, my Jeep is sterile, not even a phone charging cable is visible. My car kit with recovery and survival gear is in the hatch with the cargo cover pulled. It is well insured and not worth a trip to jail for me. I see this at work all the time on day shift. People leaving phones, wallets, bags, laptops, GUNS, mail, other paperwork in their vehicle, then wondering why their car was broken into. I have to stifle laughter when I figure out the car was unlocked too. Your car is not a safe or holster.

Lock your rides, hide your stuff, turn on exterior lighting. It's pretty easy. I won't be shooting or attacking anyone breaking into or stealing my car, even with case law in WA making it essentially legal. It's not worth the long and expensive legal battle to follow.

Someone making forcible entry into my home is a different matter and WA has a clearly defined Inference of Intent statute relating to residential burglary.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Call the police, give a good description, wait for police to ring the doorbell when they're finished. It's just stuff and it's insured.

I've got a different mentality as we've had (years ago) a house fire and lost everything, so we know we'll be ok if insured stuff goes away, we've experienced it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    According to my awfully loose interpretation of Arizona law; I am allowed to use force in the protection of my property, and this gets ramped up to Lethal force in the presence of my home or vehicle. Basically the way I read it; If Im inside my house and someone is messing with my truck, a baseball bat is fair game if kept to the tibs, fibs and pelvis.
    It doesn’t matter a bit how you interpret the law. The only thing that matters is how your local prosecuting attorney interprets the law.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast