Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
According to my awfully loose interpretation of Arizona law; I am allowed to use force in the protection of my property, and this gets ramped up to Lethal force in the presence of my home or vehicle. Basically the way I read it; If Im inside my house and someone is messing with my truck, a baseball bat is fair game if kept to the tibs, fibs and pelvis.
Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
It doesn’t matter a bit how you interpret the law. The only thing that matters is how your local prosecuting attorney interprets the law.
Aside from ethical concerns, the thing that always held me back from maximizing force within the law was the fact thatunlike the movies, folks don't forget that you broke their arm when you really didn't need to. From a purely practical perspective, I didn't feel the need to increase the number of people who might feel they owed me harm.

Likewise, just about any time you use force that damages to the extent of broken bones, you are going to prompt litigation.

I'm not going to risk my family's financial well-being to teach someone a lesson that they probably won't learn anything from.

JM .02