Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why are S&W M&Ps so cheap?

Feedback Score
    For those that Have had both is it worth spending the extra money to get the 2.0 version?

Feedback Score
    Personally. No. I do not see a difference. Some like the new aggressive grip. I do not like it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    For those that Have had both is it worth spending the extra money to get the 2.0 version?
    I'd get v1, and use the save $ for the Apex trigger upgrade for the win. 2.0 trigger is better, but nothing like the Apex kit added.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. The originals are 299 in my area 2.0’s are up over 400 so I was just curious.

Feedback Score
    If you have a 1.0 for 299 in your area. I would jump on that.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Any thoughts on the thumb safety version vs without?

I own gen1 With and without the thumb safety. I preferred without when I was using a Shield as a BUG at work. I carried my BUG so as to be drawn with my non-dominant (left) hand. And the safety was a no-go. Yes you can just not use it, but if you’re not going to use it, then why get one with it?

I owned 2 Shields with the safety, only because initially, that was the only option from S&W. My wife took one in the divorce. The other one is used as a “stash gun”. It fits inside of a square pot holder. The combo is then kept on an upper shelf of a kitchen cabinet. For this purpose, I like and use the safety. I have no kids in my house. My kids are grown and know where this gun is kept. Due to the floor plan of my house, the kitchen is centrally located on the ground floor. A Shield is easily slipped in my back pocket if I’m getting an unexpected knock at my door at an odd hour.

My gen1 Shields all had Alex sears installed. They also got Talon grips installed. Not the rough ones, but the rubber feeling ones. These are soft enough to not grate against skin, but give enough added purchase when gripping the gun to justify it.

If I were buying a new Shield, I’d go for a gen2 version. Just enough difference in the grip and triggers that I wouldn’t do anything to them.

I don’t carry my Shields any more. There are similar size guns with better capacity. I’d sell my Shields, but with the soft resell market for guns now, I refuse to let them go for what I’d have to price them at to actually sell them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    2.0 9 “c” aka glock 19 with lifetime warranty.

3 mags and night sights for $329. Insane deal.

https://www.smga.com/smith-and-wesso...ht-sights-7875

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    2.0 9 “c” aka glock 19 with lifetime warranty.

3 mags and night sights for $329. Insane deal.

https://www.smga.com/smith-and-wesso...ht-sights-7875
    Shows OOS now but yeah, that’s pretty ridiculous. $349 at Grabagun wasn’t bad either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDH1 View Post
    The Shield does not have a slide release.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/sites/d...s_06-01-16.pdf

Page 13 third paragraph.

Then read page 18.

Two reasons. Clear out the inventory of unsold 1.0 models and cut in to Glock's market share.
    Ugh, more mincing words. Slide release it is.

The shield without question has prove itself much more so than a Glock 43. No question. Excellent handgun.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Smith competes on price cause they can't compete on quality, same as Taurus. Most dont visit gun forums, buy based on price, and often shoot little if any.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast