Thread: M&P 45 ACP and +P Ammo..?

Feedback Score

M&P 45 ACP and +P Ammo..?

I currently carry either railed 1911 on duty or a Glock 21SF Model, I really have been thinking of picking up a Smith &Wesson M&P 45. my question is has anyone shot the Federal HST Tactical 230gr+P thru one and did you have any issues with it..? The federal HST 230 Gr+P is the current Issued Duty Round for any on Duty Or off duty 45 acp..? I guess if it can stand up to +P Duty Ammo use I will get one. I normally dont shoot +P as a norm but we Qualiify twice per year with any duty and of duty weapons.

Thanks for any info you can share with me.
    Will

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My M+P 45 handles Federal Tactical Bonded 230gr+P just fine.

Feedback Score

Fed Tactical Bonded +P

Well thats another load that is a really good shooter. Does it shoot well out of your pistol as far as grouping at normal handgun distances..?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can have my M&P45 if you want...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I havent really shot it much for accuracy, just on steel plates. However, from what I've seen thus far, it just like most Federal loads for me, has been quite accurate.

I prefer 230gr Winchester Ranger Talons, but I'm broke, and I bought 400 rds when I wasnt, hence why I'm using them. I have since come into possession of a couple boxes of the 230gr Winchester Ranger Bonded, but meh, I'd still rather have the Talons.

Feedback Score
    We have shot both the Fed HST 230 gr +P and Win RA45TP 230 gr +P without any problems through M&P's.