Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 930 JM Pro

Feedback Score

Mossberg 930 JM Pro

I'm developing a case of the wants for a Mossberg 930 JM Pro. It seems like a lot of features for a very fair price. Do any of you own one? I would like to hear about your experiences with it and if its worth owning?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew.45 View Post
    I'm developing a case of the wants for a Mossberg 930 JM Pro. It seems like a lot of features for a very fair price. Do any of you own one? I would like to hear about your experiences with it and if its worth owning?
    I got one several years ago with Cabela's bucks. At the time I was looking for a Beretta 1301 or a Stoeger 3000, my Cabela's didn't have either in stock, and the JM looked like a good deal, would have been my third choice anyways.

Back then, I don't know about now, the interface between the Nordic Components magazine extension and the Mossberg tube was problematic, and it was on mine, I chamfered the tubes and solved the problem.

I added a OR3GUN Marine Spacer tube just because, and it has run flawlessly with light loads and the reduced recoil buck and slug that I use - Federal buck and Brenneke slugs. Probably have most of a case of Federal 71/2 through it and about and 30 to 40 each of slugs and buck. I never really started 3 gun so the counts are low.

Link to OR3GUN: http://www.or3gun.com/

Not much info but hope it helps.

ETA: My oldest son and his wife train GSR's, he hunts, a lot, he uses a 930 and speaks highly of it - inexpensive enough he doesn't mind if it gets banged around a little.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-03-20 at 13:10.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Didn’t they just announce a 940 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Didn’t they just announce a 940 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They sure did:

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/940-jm-pro/

They appear to have done their homework (even if some things like the gas system are pretty clearly copies of OR3GUN parts). In addition to redesigning the forearm and loading port for quad loading, it looks like the new gun even comes with an extended "welded" lifter.

I'll bet street price is around $850-ish, as the video suggests.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-03-20 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In the 3Gun world their generally regarded as terrible.

Some folks have good luck but it’s a crapshoot whether you’re will run or not.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedreaux View Post
    In the 3Gun world their generally regarded as terrible.

Some folks have good luck but it’s a crapshoot whether you’re will run or not.
    I wasn't at all happy with the 930 I owned. It ran fine after adding the OR3GUN spacer and doing the mag tube mod 26_Inf mentioned, as long as I kept it relatively clean.

But after spending some time shooting (and more importantly loading) a 1301 that had been set up correctly I quickly sold the Mossberg.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-03-20 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    All right here goes. The 930 as it comes from the factory has some major design flaws. The gas system is inefficient and collects massive amounts of carbon. The spacer tube collects carbon and moisture under it leaving the potential for corrosion and carbon buildup. All of this means that the gun needs to be cleaned, and cleaned very regularly. Fortunately the aftermarket has come in and helped with these issues. Or3gun makes a great spacer kit that replaces the spacer. The pacer has holes to prevent moisture and carbon from accumulating underneath it. SBE Precision Products makes a stainless steel replacement piston that has literally changed the game with the 930. People now run 1500 shells between cleanings with no stoppages. One guy has done 2500 with zero issues

1-570x600.jpg
    3-150x150.jpg

Feedback Score
    Believe it or not I got a call from a guy I know who had on for sale. It already had the OR3Gun kit in it. I bought it right. I’ll update everyone after I get to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    They sure did:

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/940-jm-pro/

They appear to have done their homework (even if some things like the gas system are pretty clearly copies of OR3GUN parts). In addition to redesigning the forearm and loading port for quad loading, it looks like the new gun even comes with an extended "welded" lifter.

I'll bet street price is around $850-ish, as the video suggests.
    My GAWD!!! They could have toned down the "Bling" parts!

Feedback Score
    In my experience a 930 JM is a good gun, but if one wants to be in “real”, advanced competition, as with anything else, while one may or may not get what one pays for, you always pay for what you get. You’d have to buy an upper level Benelli. I got my JM priced right, and it’s a HD gun, casual clays, and easily converted to a usable hunting gun. The Nordic tubes are easy to change and Nordic sells a simple screw-in short one. Some removable neoprene sleeves with camp make this into a field gun. Change back to a combat style in 15minutes.

One thing I would suggest, as mentioned above, OR3GUN. Unlike the old, “Don’t coat your AR with glue and drag it through a Tapco catalog,” I would recommend dragging a 930 through the OR3GUN website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast