Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions on a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS system

Feedback Score

Questions on a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS system

I have a Gen 4 G19 with Spartan Tactical Ameriglo sights, the rest is pure OEM Glock. Picking up a Gen 5 G19 MOS to see if I like the red dot thing and if it is easier on aging eyes. : )

Going to run the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA as I got a screaming deal on it.
    Understand it is not a RMR, but this will be a range gun for a long time before it becomes anything more. I think the sight will help me see if the system works for me.

Questions:
    Will the OEM sights Co-witness?
    Plan to upgrade sights, what one's will work well with the sight and are good on ageing eyes (bright and pop)
    Will I need a mounting plate for the DP Pro or does the MOS Glock come with all I will need?
    --- Saw this on another thread: http://chpws.com/product/leupold-del...te-v3-pre-sale
    ---- Is this needed?
    Anything else to be aware of moving from the G4 to the G5 and MOS?

Thanks!
    Last edited by M_Rapp; 01-03-20 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I have a Gen 4 G19 with Spartan Tactical Ameriglo sights, the rest is pure OEM Glock. Picking up a Gen 5 G19 MOS to see if I like the red dot thing and if it is easier on aging eyes. : )

Going to run the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA as I got a screaming deal on it.
    Understand it is not a RMR, but this will be a range gun for a long time before it becomes anything more. I think the sight will help me see if the system works for me.

Questions:
    Will the OEM sights Co-witness?
    Plan to upgrade sights, what one's will work well with the sight and are good on ageing eyes (bright and pop)
    Will I need a mounting plate for the DP Pro or does the MOS Glock come with all I will need?
    --- Saw this on another thread: http://chpws.com/product/leupold-del...te-v3-pre-sale
    ---- Is this needed?
    Anything else to be aware of moving from the G4 to the G5 and MOS?

Thanks!
    No, OEM sights will not co-witness, the DPP is too tall. Where did you get your screaming deal on the DDP may I ask?
    Ameriglo makes sights that work with the MOS and the DPP http://www.battlewerx.com/ameriglo-g...k-rear-gl-808/
    You don't need a mounting plate on the DPP because the battery goes in at the top, and most (not all) mounting plates are anti-flicker for the RMR and Holosuns. If this plate helps lock the sight down better, than it's up to you.

The Gen 5 will feel nearly identical to your gen 4. No finger grooves obviously, but all your controls are the same.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    No, OEM sights will not co-witness, the DPP is too tall. Where did you get your screaming deal on the DDP may I ask?
    Ameriglo makes sights that work with the MOS and the DPP http://www.battlewerx.com/ameriglo-g...k-rear-gl-808/
    You don't need a mounting plate on the DPP because the battery goes in at the top, and most (not all) mounting plates are anti-flicker for the RMR and Holosuns. If this plate helps lock the sight down better, than it's up to you.

The Gen 5 will feel nearly identical to your gen 4. No finger grooves obviously, but all your controls are the same.
    I got the deal on the DPP through a friend.
    Appreciate the info on the mounting plate. I will run it as is once I get everything and see how it works.
    Also appreciate the links to the sites. Does moving to a Red Dot take away the need for "night sights?" (the ones in the link were all black)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will need suppressor height sights. The mos comes with a plate for Leupold. The sealing plate is only needed with the RMR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You will need suppressor height sights. The mos comes with a plate for Leupold. The sealing plate is only needed with the RMR.
    Thanks! Good to know on the plate.
    So pretty much any Suppressor height sight will do the trick? I need to research that more and figure out what ones work best for my eyes...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Questions on a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS system

Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Thanks! Good to know on the plate.
    So pretty much any Suppressor height sight will do the trick? I need to research that more and figure out what ones work best for my eyes...
    I use the Ameriglo all black. To your other question, you will not need night sights with the red dot. If you’re running a WML, I’m of the opinion that night sights are never needed. YMMV.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 01-04-20 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a hs507 on a Gen5 G19 most. I use Trijicon surpressor height sights. I can post a photo of how they look thru the optic when I get home if you would like.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The DPP and mos combo is too tall for standard suppressor sights, I found this out the hard way. Call ameriglo direct and they will give you the correct height sights, I can’t remember if it’s the 2XL or 3XL.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    The DPP and mos combo is too tall for standard suppressor sights, I found this out the hard way. Call ameriglo direct and they will give you the correct height sights, I can’t remember if it’s the 2XL or 3XL.
    Yeah I had a spare set of Trijicon suppressor sights that I had put on a milled Zev slide, for the DPP and realized that after the fact.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all, appreciate the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast