Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions on a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS system

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I have a Gen 4 G19 with Spartan Tactical Ameriglo sights, the rest is pure OEM Glock. Picking up a Gen 5 G19 MOS to see if I like the red dot thing and if it is easier on aging eyes. : )

Going to run the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 MOA as I got a screaming deal on it.
    Understand it is not a RMR, but this will be a range gun for a long time before it becomes anything more. I think the sight will help me see if the system works for me.

Questions:
    Will the OEM sights Co-witness?
    Plan to upgrade sights, what one's will work well with the sight and are good on ageing eyes (bright and pop)
    Will I need a mounting plate for the DP Pro or does the MOS Glock come with all I will need?
    --- Saw this on another thread: http://chpws.com/product/leupold-del...te-v3-pre-sale
    ---- Is this needed?

Anything else to be aware of moving from the G4 to the G5 and MOS?

Thanks!
    My G19.5 MOS with Trijicon RMR06 has the CHPWS v3 plate. Has nothing to do with the battery, That is something different.
    Look at my photo. There is the CHPWS plate instead of the Glock MOS OEM plate. CHP also sends their own fasteners.
    They say using their plate you will get more threads used to hold better + blue/purple thread locker.
    The plate pushes the MRDS back and has a lip on the front to fill in the void, open space due to different size MDRS.
    This keeps the MDRS from moving back and forth from recoil The plate is aircraft grade aluminum instead the cast metal Glock OEM plate.
    Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics recommends the CHPWS plate as does MIL/LEO agencies.
    The other plate is a seal plate, thin metal, for Trijicon RMR's the type 1. Type 2 does not need them and CHP says the same, sealer plate not needed.

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This is my 3rd RMR slide, my 1st MOS. The other 2 were milled at ATEI Guns, the Pro cut
    for your specific RMR, tight fit and refinish slide in NITRIDE. Both were M&P 9mm's

No space in front of the MDRS

From the right side

The only difference is you may have BTF, Brass To Face with the Gen 4. Gen 5's are not known for the BTF issue.
    Ejector can be changed.
    Last edited by RWH24; 01-05-20 at 23:44.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    Good stuff all! @RWH24, you like those M&Ps over the Glocks? Sure wish they made an M&P 10mm.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Good stuff all! @RWH24, you like those M&Ps over the Glocks? Sure wish they made an M&P 10mm.
    I picked up a used G21 in 45acp Gen 4. It fits my hand, just a tad larger than a G17/45 grip. I have looked for a G20 Upper to change out with no luck on Gen 4's.
    My G21 is very smooth and decent trigger. I would get a G20 in 10 mm if it was on my radar. It sorta is, right behind a 357 Sig in a Sig P226 or a G31 G4.
    A G20 with a 357 barrel from KKM would work fine too. Heavy pistol for blaster caliber.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Living in Texas I seldom wear gloves. With a G19/45/43x-48 I could not safely handle a Glock wearing gloves. The trigger guard is too small.
    That is where the M&P shines along with the grip angle. The Glock is EZ'er to work on, changing parts out than an M&P. The M&P full size 10. or 2.0
    is basically the G19x and G45 size gun, Full grip with full 4"+ barrel.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    I called Ameriglo. They suggested the GL-808.
    Last edited by M_Rapp; 02-10-20 at 14:22.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12