Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Cm65

Feedback Score
    I paid a little on the higher side, and still feel it was worth it. I was expecting to pay around 2k. The rifle is a workhorse. I could have opted more expensive options, but that doesn’t always equate to better performance. I feel the biggest downside to these is the lack of parts available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought mine for $1,400. I wouldn't be spending $2k on one. Other options for that price range.

PB
    What other options were you thinking?, also what kind of accuracy are you getting out of yours?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    I paid a little on the higher side, and still feel it was worth it. I was expecting to pay around 2k. The rifle is a workhorse. I could have opted more expensive options, but that doesn’t always equate to better performance. I feel the biggest downside to these is the lack of parts available.

They are incredible workhorses, very tough and overbuilt, I was happy to see them come out with one with a longer rail, and went to buy it full price and then it got discontinued, I wasn’t paying attention when the prices dropped and now the only way to get one is $2200 plus which is annoying...
    I was also happy to see it released in 6.5 creedmoor so just trying to see if I’m willing to spend that much

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjames9 View Post
    They are incredible workhorses, very tough and overbuilt, I was happy to see them come out with one with a longer rail, and went to buy it full price and then it got discontinued, I wasn’t paying attention when the prices dropped and now the only way to get one is $2200 plus which is annoying...
    I was also happy to see it released in 6.5 creedmoor so just trying to see if I’m willing to spend that much
    The long rail is nice. I would have preferred a 12-13” though, but thats just me. I was in the same boat you are. I was looking at them in june, went to buy in august and they were wiped out everywhere online. Luckily my local shop had one the day I went to buy the Armalite Tac18 they had, and the Colt was up on the wall. I was stoked. Lol.

I dont know what kind of pricing to expect when they start up production again. The msrp may jump back up to what it was. I got mine for just under 1800 out the door, and I feel it was worth it, considering that Ive seen guys at shows buying 6940s and EPRs for 12-1400. More now with their production halt. But Ivd seen some idiots on gunbroker trying to move them for 3k. It’s ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    Finally found and got one! for $1650 found a little gun shop in texas that had one new in box, Now the question is what trigger should I put in this thing, I've had lots of geisseles and like them but was thinking of trying a larue out. also what's the cheapest place to get magpul mags for this one?

also has anyone tried a vltor a5, or a standard a2 stock? just curious if they can work on this platform
    Last edited by Stjames9; 01-16-20 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Whatever trigger you love. I went G SSA, like all my AR's.

Google for AR mags.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I went with the LaRue MBT for my 901. I am as pleased with its performance as I am with my SSA’s. The wider shoe is nice for precision as well

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the score. If you go with a Geissele trigger, go with the SSA or SSAE. I tried the SSP and had the exact issues as the op in this thread, and Geissele responded as to why in the very last post.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Tr...-s/118-737148/

Hope you love it like I love mine!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjames9 View Post
    What other options were you thinking?, also what kind of accuracy are you getting out of yours?
    Sub moa all day long with multiple kinds of ammo. Stacking holes with premium ammo using a 1-8 scope. I’m putting a little more magnification on this week to take it out further.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sub moa all day long with multiple kinds of ammo. Stacking holes with premium ammo using a 1-8 scope. I’m putting a little more magnification on this week to take it out further.

PB
    Thanks for the info, I'm hoping to put a leupold mark 5 on mine soon.

have you tried any different stock options?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast