Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Cm65

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sub moa all day long with multiple kinds of ammo. Stacking holes with premium ammo using a 1-8 scope. I’m putting a little more magnification on this week to take it out further.

PB
    PB-

Care to share ammo recommendations for the Cm65?

I picked one up last year (very good price). Setup with a Geissele SSA-E and an Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 in a Geissele mount. Want to do a range session soon, so I need to feed it

Thanks!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjames9 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'm hoping to put a leupold mark 5 on mine soon.

have you tried any different stock options?
    I just put a PRS stock on mine. If you want a cheaper , lighter option LuthAR makes a good option.

PB-

Care to share ammo recommendations for the Cm65?

I picked one up last year (very good price). Setup with a Geissele SSA-E and an Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 in a Geissele mount. Want to do a range session soon, so I need to feed it

Thanks!

-Rainman

Hornady 140 grain ELD's is laser like in all guns. For a cheaper option, Am Gunner 140 BTHP then for a further cheaper option S&B 140 are like .60 a round and shoot very accurate for cheap ammo, like MOA.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I thought about getting a CM65 when I bought my CM762 for $1375. Not having the range to stretch 6.5 I stuck with the 308 version.

Great rifle for the price they were selling them at. When they were $2K + they just had more competition (DD, LMT, etc) but for $1400+/- there really was no equal - yeah some proprietary parts but for a sold rifle to buy, scope, and shoot they were impossible to beat at that price. I put BCM stock / grip, MBT-2S, and have tried several optics on it (1-6 Vortex, now a 2.5-10 NF). Shoots great but I've only just started with M80 clones on steel from 100-350. Boringly reliable and accurate on steel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is anybody’s gun 308 or 6.5, have an undergassed system. Mine runs like heaven on earth with a can but won’t cycle without, I can live with that.

Just curious how I got my dream gun, or is gas tube or sumpin not aligned correctly.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Is anybody’s gun 308 or 6.5, have an undergassed system.
    I have only shot mine (308 version) with the OEM flash hider and PPU M80 145gr FMJs - I'd have to check the log book but its about 150-180rds and it seems to be gassed properly, with 100% operation (cleaned & lubed before the first range session, some lube before the second).

I have thought about putting a 51T Brakeout 2.0 on it to use my 762-SDN6 but $hit non-SBR rifles get long quick with suppressors, so I don't know if I'll get around to it or just leave it as is.

Feedback Score
    Is anybody’s gun 308 or 6.5, have an undergassed system. Mine runs like heaven on earth with a can but won’t cycle without, I can live with that.

Just curious how I got my dream gun, or is gas tube or sumpin not aligned correctly.

PB
    Ive not herd of them being under gassed. Is it like that with all ammo types you’ve used? Mine has been flawless and not canned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

PB
    My .308 had the opposite experience- overpassed to the point of not cycling properly with a can (Omega). Unsuppressed offered no issues. A heavier buffer from Heavy Buffers fixed the problem.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    My .308 had the opposite experience- overpassed to the point of not cycling properly with a can (Omega). Unsuppressed offered no issues. A heavier buffer from Heavy Buffers fixed the problem.
    Which is the norm. Glad you could fix it.

PB

Feedback Score
    I just ordered some goodies, I decided to order a rifle length buffer tube and run a carbine spacer, so I can put a magpul rifle stock on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Colt was indicating that more CM series guns will be made later this year.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast