Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Colt Cm65

Feedback Score
    Id like to see those M7’s, CM762’s, and 6.5’s offered again. It seems they have a winner. If they’d crank them out and actually support the platform like LMT does I’d buy one.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 01-18-21 at 20:15.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    My CM762 has been no different. Excellent rifles through and through.
    Yes indeed - I wish I had bought several of each.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yes indeed - I wish I had bought several of each.
    You and me both. Glad to see these weren’t totally dropped. My suspicion was correct with them still producing it, even if it’s currently for contracts only. Id like to see a version similar to the c20 here in the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wonder how much per rifle they have to pay LMT. I’d imagine that would stop commercial sales just like the 901 and 6940.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They still produce and sell the 6940 on the commercial market for less money than any monolithic LMT rifle currently available so it can’t be that restrictive.

I believe the discontinuation of the 901 had more to do with poor sales due to colt not knowing how to market the rifle or what they had.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 01-19-21 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Recently took a 2-day ‘basic long-range’ class in central PA using a cm65 with Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-to-15x/Gen 1 glass and Silencerco Omega.

Similar to what PB stated (post #24), mine will not run without a can but cycles perfectly (with zero gas-to-face) with the Omega. I did experience a quirk with 20-rnd Pmags wherein the gun failed to strip/chamber the top round from open-bolt about 1 out of ever 3 tries when using the bolt release. If I pulled the charging handle back the last little bit and let it fly, charging was 100%. Not sure if this is a gun/bolt-release issue or Pmag quirk, but I was able to live with it and the gun was 100% reliable in all other respects.

I’m relatively new to rifle, very new to long-range, and cross-dominant (right-handed/left-eyed, therefore I shoot rifle and shotgun left-handed), which is one of the main reasons I like a gas-gun. The cm65/Omega combo was a joy to shoot under very adverse conditions…10-to-20+ mph winds with very unpredictable gusts…thanks to outstanding wind-calls by the instructors/spotters who were able to turn “this is a waste of my time and ammo” into a “wow; I had fun and was able to learn stuff I wouldn’t have under ideal conditions” experience.

We shot from 100 to 1,000 yards, spent a lot of time in the 500-to-1k range, and I got some pretty good DOPE all the way to 1,000yds with Hornady 147gr ELD Match. I also fired some Hornady American Gunner and it shot close enough to the ELD Match to bang a 10” plate at 200 yds…it’s very good ‘bargain’ (relative term these days, especially with something like 6.5cm) ammo.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried a JP silent capture system in their 901?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Someone PM’m me about the Colt 6.5 guns being under gassed and Colt knew the issue, I could have sent in to be be fixed, but fck that I run suppressed 100% of the time. I love mine and it’s a laser.

I wished I bought 10 of these guns they were so cheap and in so much demand. At least one in 6.5 and one in 308. But glad I got one in 6.5.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not sure if anyone is looking for the conversion block kit to run 5.56 uppers on the CM762/CM65/901 or whatever you have.

It's overpriced but if you want one, Primary Arms has them.

https://www.primaryarms.com/colt-le9...conversion-kit

I got one for a good bit less - used it a handful of times. Works great but like most of these caliber conversion thingys (uppers, lowers, blocks, barrels, etc), it's a gimmick for 95% of users.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was hoping that the conversion blocks becoming available again meant some type of reinvestment into the LE901 or CM762 rifles by Colt. However when it arrived, while new, the packaging appears to be a decade old…

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast