Thread: Vertx Overland Bag

Feedback Score

Vertx Overland Bag

I’m looking to pickup a “go bag” and I keep getting drawn to the Vertx Overland. I really like the option of the Velcro for holsters and magazines, and the fact that it could fit a collapsible SBR/pistol. I am looking for a bag that is a little more incognito that wouldn’t draw too much attention to me. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Overland on hiking trips or has any other suggestions.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This is for hiking or just being discreet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    This is for hiking or just being discreet?
    More along the lines of a discreet “SHTF” pack.

Feedback Score
    I've been running Vertx for a few years now and their bags are tough as nails. No experience with the overland but I've used the piss out of their EDC bags, the Ready Pack specifically, and it's showing no signs of quitting after 2 1/2 years of abuse. Not a single loose stitch. I'm actually pretty amazed as I have not been easy on it.

A co-worker of mine has the overland. It's a largish pack, I'd look at the gamut or gamut checkpoint personally but it all depends on how much you want to carry.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I've been running Vertx for a few years now and their bags are tough as nails. No experience with the overland but I've used the piss out of their EDC bags, the Ready Pack specifically, and it's showing no signs of quitting after 2 1/2 years of abuse. Not a single loose stitch. I'm actually pretty amazed as I have not been easy on it.

A co-worker of mine has the overland. It's a largish pack, I'd look at the gamut or gamut checkpoint personally but it all depends on how much you want to carry.
    I wouldn’t use it on a daily basis, I just want to have a solid and discreet pack to go if the time ever arose. But I may use it for hiking purposes as well. I figured it would be wise to go ahead and get their overland. I was able to check it out in person the other day, and it isn’t something I would consider a discreet every day bag, but for a SHTF situation, I would consider it a little more discreet. Thinking of also adding a IIIA soft armor insert as well.
    Last edited by GibsonBanjos; 01-05-20 at 17:04.