Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a 6.5 Grendel input

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don't let this get out of hand, I know how these 6.5 wazoo threads usually go.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    No worries, Mark, things gonna be OK when you're dealing with adults.

Feedback Score
    I agree with Harrison: All things being equal — including the extractor, for the sake of argument — a Grendel bolt with a deeper 0.136 recess is NOT going to be as strong as one with a 0.125 recess.

Feedback Score
    OP, you have an awesome build list. If you cant get .5 MOA with this barrel/bolt combo and good loads, at least most of the time, then it cant be done.

I too want to see the final product and range report. Hornady Black is great break-in ammo btw.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A solid build, nicely done. Really interested to hear how that Proof barrel does.

Only thing in your build I might have changed, to be consistent with the kind of shooting you can do with the 6.5G, is I'd have gone with a slightly lighter trigger. But depends on your purpose(s) for the build.

ETA: Oh I missed your last Q in the OP. Yes you can get 1/2 MOA out of a gas gun. Not everybody can. Here's one guy who can build those: https://www.precisionfirearms.com/8.html. One key component to getting that 1/2 MOA is the trigger, and you may be able to achieve that with the G SDE trigger--I don't know if I could. I have slightly better success in precision shooting roles using their SSA-E triggers.
    Last edited by maximus83; 02-06-20 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did you shoot this yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12