Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor Gen III coming

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    @rushca01 there’s one nib for sale at snipershide if you’re looking...
    Thanks, since the Vortex was out, I went the the NF NX1-8.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Took it out and zeroed it today. In true horus-ish fashion, The optic was a breeze to zero. Placed one shot on the target, and then use the reticle to read the adjustments. My co-worker did the same with his GEN3 and Barret REC10. If done in this fashion, you can literally be zero’d in 2-3 shots. After that we placed one chip shot on steel at 465 yards, a mere 3 Mils, with 175 grain SMK GMM. Both center of chest hits, one and done. I’ll post further with further use. Thus far, we’ve both favorable views of the optic.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-31-20 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    You guys finding them in stock anywhere (MIL reticle)? Everywhere I'm seeing has them on backorder/pre-order.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitu View Post
    You guys finding them in stock anywhere (MIL reticle)? Everywhere I'm seeing has them on backorder/pre-order.
    Vortex’s website said they are going to be available in April, so hopefully they’ll start showing up.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitu View Post
    Yeah every unit delivered is going to fill preorders, and that will probably continue for a few months. I'm sure Vortex is trickling them in to make sure everything is OK with the scopes, as well as holding back a few units for warranty replacements.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Took it out and zeroed it today. In true horus-ish fashion, The optic was a breeze to zero. Placed one shot on the target, and then use the reticle to read the adjustments. My co-worker did the same with his GEN3 and Barret REC10. If done in this fashion, you can literally be zero’d in 2-3 shots. After that we placed one chip shot on steel at 465 yards, a mere 3 Mils, with 175 grain SMK GMM. Both center of chest hits, one and done. I’ll post further with further use. Thus far, we’ve both favorable views of the optic.
    Whats your opinion on the rec 7 with the 1-10? seems like the battle rifle package everyone was looking for 2-3 years ago and there is almost no information out there on Barrett's gas guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Yeah every unit delivered is going to fill preorders, and that will probably continue for a few months. I'm sure Vortex is trickling them in to make sure everything is OK with the scopes, as well as holding back a few units for warranty replacements.
    There's no reason to trickle some out to test the scopes and use customers as guinea pigs - we've done tons of that before ever even releasing them

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    There's no reason to trickle some out to test the scopes and use customers as guinea pigs - we've done tons of that before ever even releasing them
    Any idea on eta and if the moa or mrad will be easier to find? I wanna put an order in the next week or so
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Any idea on eta and if the moa or mrad will be easier to find? I wanna put an order in the next week or so
    eta is extremely difficult to guess - depends on the model (Most retailers will have more backorders for the MOA than the MRAD unless they are more a Mil/LE shop which then might have more backorders for the MRAD version) and depends on the retailer and how many people they have ahead of you and when they placed their preorders with us and how many units they placed on preorder (i.e. - when you place an order with them - is the unit already on preorder or will they only just be placing that order with us that day?). We're really not in any kind of position to give a good estimate - it would likely be wrong and then result in unhappy everyone unfortunately.

Some retailers will have more backorders than others, and some have better ordering practices than others that keep a more steady stream of product coming in. Al at AAOptics comes to mind - he orders product even when he doesn't have an immediate order on hand from a customer to connect it to just because he knows it will sell once it comes in. You could get on order with him and it very well may come in sooner than it would if you go to another place that waits to place orders with us until they have a guaranteed order in hand from a customer.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Whats your opinion on the rec 7 with the 1-10? seems like the battle rifle package everyone was looking for 2-3 years ago and there is almost no information out there on Barrett's gas guns.
    It was a REC10 (7.62, not REC7 5.56). It was a Nice rifle. Very lightweight and handy feeling. I think he said it weighs 8lbs, but it felt lighter. My MWS is 8.7 lbs, but it is handicapped slightly due to the indexing collar.
    Can’t much about it at this point as we zero’d and made a shot on steel ea. And left. Seems Koolaide-ish worthy thus far.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast