Thread: New Vortex Razor Gen III coming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

New Vortex Razor Gen III coming

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It will be interesting to see if they can pull this off well.

Then look for fire sales on II-Es new and used.

Feedback Score
    Insider tip from Ilya Koshkin over on Snipershide is that the product is real and will be officially announced in a week.

There is also a page with the reticle options.

I'm not sure if this flyer is final or accurate. If they have truly achieved a 1-10x FFP scope in the exact same footprint and weight as the II-E 1-6, this is a revolutionary product. Adding an exceedingly useful wind dot MRAD reticle akin to the one Nightforce put in their 1-8 ATACR is simply the cherry on top of the already mindblowing pie.

My Razor 1-6 gen II no longer feels like an investment, it feels like a boat anchor. But such is the price of progress..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joffe; 01-04-20 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    Insider tip from Ilya Koshkin over on Snipershide is that the product is real and will be officially announced in a week...

...If they have truly achieved a 1-10x FFP scope in the exact same footprint and weight as the II-E 1-6, this is a revolutionary product. Adding an exceedingly useful wind dot MRAD reticle akin to the one Nightforce put in their 1-8 ATACR is simply the cherry on top of the already mindblowing pie.
    Agreed - clarity, execution and reticle usefulness will be the deciding factors on if this is a home run or not.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Curious to see how visible the dot is at FFP... This seems like a game changer if it is solid, which I assume it will be.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It will be interesting to see if they can pull this off well.

Then look for fire sales on II-Es new and used.
    I hope so...I dont know if we are quite there yet technologically to make a good 1-10x with out sacrificing something on the low end ie, eye box, distortion, FOV.

Feedback Score
    My Vortex Razor 1-6x HD II w/JM-1 reticle, is now just a month old. It's ok and slightly better than the 1/4th the price 1-6x Vortex Strike Eagle it replaced. Perhaps it's just me, or it's the nature of these low power variable scopes, but the clarity is limited. There's no parallax or focus on these scopes other than the ability to focus the reticle.

I'd like to try a Trijicon VCOG someday but that's ~a $2K scope (comes with a built-in mount, at least).

Really, I'd probably be just as happy with a 3x magnifier and a good red-dot-sight. I say that now, but I do use that 6x setting since I've got it.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Looks like these *might* sell around $2000. to start out.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_gen_iii.html

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Looks like these *might* sell around $2000. to start out.
    Yeah, Vortex typically sells for 60-75% of MSRP, but I'm sure the tactikids who gottttahaveitrightnow will have to pay a premium.

Beta test away, my friends, beta test away...

On another site a $1999.99 MSRP was listed, so I'm thinking $1500 end state price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I'd like to try a Trijicon VCOG someday but that's ~a $2K scope (comes with a built-in mount, at least).
    Clarity is okay. The VCOG feels solid but is also heavy. Yeah the mount is built-in which adds weight but the optic is heavy none the less.

Reticle is about as useless as most of these tend to be. Too small and not bright enough to really use like a red dot. Too thick and blocky on 6x for precision. Seems best at something like 3x.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast