Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a SEAL Recce clone and if so, what scope are you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Anyone have a SEAL Recce clone and if so, what scope are you using?

I’m not exactly cloning, TBH. But I bought a Centurion Arms Recce upper I wanted to use for a Recce carbine on a Colt lower receiver. So it’s clone-ish.

Sources say Leupold Mk 4 was used but also, Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24 mm. Can’t find it anywhere.

Inquired with CPO LeClair and Mrs. LeClair (GREAT folks btw!) @CA. Chief recommends Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32mm. Unfortunately these are no longer in production from about 3 years ago and I can’t locate any available, anywhere.

And so, my Recce project is at a dead end ... unless I can source the recommended NXS, somehow.

Any other cloners/pseudo-cloners like me with a Recce project and if so, what optic did you select?

Thanking you in advance...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Leupold TS30-A2 Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm with the TMR reticle was used on the MK12. They don't manufacture them anymore, but if you go a Google search, there is new-old-stock available. They tend to be marked up a couple hundred bucks due to scarcity. It's a good bet this was the scope used alongside the Nightforce.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just gotta look on the EE here and Snipershide, best of luck Brother.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for your excellent suggestions, Gentlemen. It’s much appreciated.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've seen NF NXS 2.5-10x24, 32, and 42s on AR15.com EE.

I have a x24 on an AR-15 and a x42 on a CM762. I had a x32 for awhile but traded it off since I had traded into it and it had a Velocity 600 reticle (BDC) and I wanted a MOA/MIL version (before I really knew what I wanted, lol).

Can't really go wrong with any of them. The x24 is great on a 5.56 AR15; a little difficult to use on higher recoiling rifles (at least for me).

The newer x42s are nice, as they have adjustable parallax and illumination.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 05-10-20 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda444 View Post
    The Leupold TS30-A2 Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm with the TMR reticle was used on the MK12. They don't manufacture them anymore, but if you go a Google search, there is new-old-stock available. They tend to be marked up a couple hundred bucks due to scarcity. It's a good bet this was the scope used alongside the Nightforce.
    Did they use the same optic on the recce as the SPR? To my knowledge there was a little more standardization with the optic on the Mk12; whereas the recce was catch as catch can and used what was available.

We got some of the Mk12s with the Leupold; I just assume use the SAM-R.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I've seen NF NXS 2.5-10x24, 32, and 42s on AR15.com EE.

I have a x24 on an AR-15 and a x42 on a CM762. I had a x32 for awhile but traded it off since I had traded into it and it had a Velocity 600 reticle (BDC) and I wanted a MOA/MIL version (before I really knew what I wanted, lol).

Can't really go wrong with any of them. The x24 is great on a 5.56 AR15; a little difficult to use on higher recoiling rifles (at least for me).

The newer x42s are nice, as they have adjustable parallax and illumination.
    Very grateful for the user feedback, thanks a ton.

Your very helpful info has me leaning toward the x42...

~ Yuno

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I’m not exactly cloning, TBH. But I bought a Centurion Arms Recce upper I wanted to use for a Recce carbine on a Colt lower receiver. So it’s clone-ish.

Sources say Leupold Mk 4 was used but also, Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24 mm. Can’t find it anywhere.

Inquired with CPO LeClair and Mrs. LeClair (GREAT folks btw!) @CA. Chief recommends Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32mm. Unfortunately these are no longer in production from about 3 years ago and I can’t locate any available, anywhere.

And so, my Recce project is at a dead end ... unless I can source the recommended NXS, somehow.

Any other cloners/pseudo-cloners like me with a Recce project and if so, what optic did you select?

Thanking you in advance...
    The recce wasn't really a fully-spec'd rifle; at least not in the beginning. It was an evolutionary amalgamation of parts built around a SS 1:8 barrel and no FSB. I probably saw around half a dozen optics on the recce rifles...the Leupold, NF, I saw S&B or two, Trijicon, USO....

A lot of guys were 'meh' about the Mk12 and preferred the recce. The ballistics were comparable, and they liked the recce more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very much appreciate your insights and hearing what your experiences were, Chuck - thanks much.

In light of your feedback, I will broaden my view on what to select/use, and be more flexible.

~ Yuno

~ Author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast