Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the best Micro red dot sight

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Looking for the best Micro red dot sight

Wondering what red dot on the market and readily available is durable and proven, has the least amount of parallax, and is lightweight with the best features. I haven’t really paid much attention to optics lately. I know a lot of have been released. I’ve always just pressed the easy button and gotten a used Aimpoint off the EE.

My gut tells me the best and smallest quality red dot is going to be the T2. Not sure the M5 offers anything over the T2 besides a different battery, and it’s a bit larger than the T2. But again, I haven’t kept up with what new optics have come out in the past few years.

It needs to be readily available (e.g not “wait for SHOT and see what gets released”) as I’m looking to immediately swap out all my old optics (Aimpoint PROs, T1s, H1s) and consolidate my rifles, pistols, 22 trainers, shotguns, etc to one red dot for consistency purposes.

Cost doesn’t matter. Would prefer not to support the CCP but I presume any optic in the “best” category is not made there anyway.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    My opinion, you already said it, the T2. But that having said that replacing a T1 with a T2 is the squeeze worth the juice? Sounds pricey . I have several T1's, a few Chicom ones that have been 100%( I know, I know) and a MRO. To be honest if I was going to pick up another red dot it would be the Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nothing has the track record of Aimpoint micro series. Therefore, it’s going to be tough to beat the T2, or M5 if you like AAAs.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wondering what red dot on the market and readily available is durable and proven, has the least amount of parallax, and is lightweight with the best features. I haven’t really paid much attention to optics lately. I know a lot of have been released. I’ve always just pressed the easy button and gotten a used Aimpoint off the EE.

My gut tells me the best and smallest quality red dot is going to be the T2. Not sure the M5 offers anything over the T2 besides a different battery, and it’s a bit larger than the T2. But again, I haven’t kept up with what new optics have come out in the past few years.

It needs to be readily available (e.g not “wait for SHOT and see what gets released”) as I’m looking to immediately swap out all my old optics (Aimpoint PROs, T1s, H1s) and consolidate my rifles, pistols, 22 trainers, shotguns, etc to one red dot for consistency purposes.

Cost doesn’t matter. Would prefer not to support the CCP but I presume any optic in the “best” category is not made there anyway.
    You should look at the AIMPOINT® ACRO P-1. You can have the same optic on all your rifles and pistols.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Sage Dynamics on YouTube has great reviews. I go there whenever I want an honest assessment of high round count and durability tests without baking guns or optics in jello or whatever. I like Mrgunsngear too.

That being said, hard to beat the T2. Trijicon MRO is probably a great alternative in price without sacrificing durability. It’s just new so it doesn’t have the track record, although Trijicon themselves do of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The comp m5 has the best parallax update that aimpoint can currently produce. Its even better than the T series. Same goes with the increase in durability. the answer to your question is the comp m5 series.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you went with the Aimpoint T-2/H-2, it would allow you to save some scratch on weapons that don't need NVG capes.

I'm kicking myself for not picking up several H-2s when Natchez had them on sale for $525 with 39MM LRP mount 2 Xmas ago, but I like the one I did get. Sold off the LRP mount to defray the cost of a new mount, so the H-2 only cost me $475.

Honestly if I was hard over on "sames", I'd be fine with any of the Aimpoint Micros as "same enough", regardless if they were older T-1s or the latest CompM5 (which now has 3 varients, the M5, M5B, and M5S).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    All good points.

I agree there’s really no point swapping out T1s with a T2 for consistency’s sake. But the bigger tube of the 30mm Aimpoints gets in the way for sure.

I’m kind of surprised that the T2/M5 family is still unanimously considered the best. With all the talk lately (and there has been quite a bit) about new optic features and Holosun, Vortex, Trijicon, etc being “just as good as” in almost every other thread I thought there would be more about those brands (or others)

Is price the only reason those brands are ever considered by people over an Aimpoint?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Is price the only reason those brands are ever considered by people over an Aimpoint?
    Personally, that is exactly my primary reason.

With that said, I generally like what Trijicon did with the MRO’s view through the optic far more than the either CompM3 and the PA Advanced MRDS that I’ve run. My personal choice for RDS right now is the MRO, still waiting for better info on the MRO HD. However you asked included two conditions that would absolutely steer one away from the MRO: 1. The current model is known to have considerable parallax. 2. It isn’t really what I would consider “micro.” On a rifle, I like it for that, but there’s no way I’d put on a pistol.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would not recommend the MRO because of the parallax issue. I like them otherwise, and I prefer the top mount illumination dial so support hand can make adjustments.

The MRO HD looks like a silly mistake to me. It has the multiple reticles which I guess are popular with the Holosun crowd, but I don't see a need for more than one reticle/dot to get used to. The battery life is worse than the regular MRO too.

If Trijicon had just fixed the parallax issue and kept battery life the same with a simple dot they would have something. I've gotten rid of three MROs now because of struggling when zeroing.

On the flip side the T2 seems rock solid from a parallax standpoint and I'm able to be very precise and consistent with them. Yeah, they're kind of boring, not new and sexy, but it's a red LED inside an aluminum tube that has parallax under control. Pretty much checks all the boxes.

Does the ACRO still have battery life issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast