Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor Gen III coming

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah there is a reason the VCOG never caught on with anyone - and it's not because it's awesome.
    Yeah, it had terrible optical properties and was fragile.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I’m not very well versed in optics. Is this going to be a far better scope then an Accupower 1-8?
    If you need 10x, then it likely will be. Better reticle better glass clarity, better illumination, but twice the price. The Accupower is alot of scope for $1k.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I’m not very well versed in optics. Is this going to be a far better scope then an Accupower 1-8?
    As with all things firearms, it depends what you want.

Accupower 1-8 has uncapped turrets and 'meh' illumination.

Razor II has capped and booming illumination, with the Razor III promised to be similar.

I really like the glass in the Accupower lineup (had 2 1-4s, seen the 1-8s) but in the end illumination at 1x is very important to me so that limfac kills them for my use.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    So I fondled the razor gen III quite a bit at shot, and let’s just say they knocked it out of the park. I think this will be THE lpvo of choice (although the Kahles 18i is amazing as well) On 1x next to a gen II I can’t tell a difference in edge to edge clarity, and the eye box was more forgiving than I expected all the way up to 8x. From 8-10x I noticed it was slightly less forgiving but still excellent. Dot was aimpoint bright as is the gen II. I can’t wait to get one of my own.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-23-20 at 10:06.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    So I fondled the razor gen III quite a bit at shot, and let’s just say they knocked it out of the park. I think this will be THE lpvo of choice (although the Kahles 18i is amazing as well) On 1x next to a gen II I can’t tell a difference in edge to edge clarity, and the eye box was more forgiving than I expected all the way up to 8x. From 8-10x I noticed it was slightly less forgiving but still excellent. Dot was aimpoint bright as is the gen II. I can’t wait to get one of my own.

So,as best as you could tell indoors, did the optical clarity or resolution diminish much if any at 8 -10 X?
    It looks like, for those people who need the extra capability when shooting out past, lets say 400+yds on a regular basis, I think this 21.5 oz, 1-10X LPV scope will be a clear winner and a good value at $1900.-$2000.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-24-20 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This guy did an insteresting comparison between 1-6x and 1-10x Razors demonstrating differences in the eye box.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    ^^^^nutz! Sounds like it is living up to the hype so far.

Feedback Score
    Well looks like I will have to get one for my 16” SR-15.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Ordered it....I'm not a pre-order kind of guy, so hopefully it is comperable or better than the NF ATACR. I was on the fence between the two. I am not a fan of the capped turrents though on either as I think these optics are both more DMR-ish leaning on the LPVO side in my mind when you're at 8 power and beyond. Too bad it isn't offered in black too, not a fan of burnt bronze on a black rifle. Might have to send the rifle to Joint Force Enterprises so the carpet matches the drapes. I'll give feedback in April. Fingers Crossed. Now I have to decide if I want to go with Scalarworks mount or a new style Badger Ordnance. Both are sweet and light. I'm hesitant on trusting the Scalarworks mounting system/torquing knobs, although I've heard no negative feeback considering the abysmal inch/lbs spec. I like the scope leveling feature though and the footprint. Wish the Badger had the same leveling feature.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 01-31-20 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    I like the scope leveling feature though and the footprint. Wish the Badger had the same leveling feature.
    https://arisakadefense.com/collectio...-leveler-combo

Solves all your problems, great kit.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast