Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor Gen III coming

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We'll see but just seems to me going to 34 mm would make sense.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It will be interesting to see reviews on this scope. I wonder if it will be daylight bright?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPhantom View Post
    2.4mm exit pupil at 10x, I wouldn't expect very much out of it.
    Can't say much at this point - stay tuned to our platforms this week for more info.

That said, we mentioned this over on Arfcom when the same concern was mentioned. To write an optic off based on exit pupil alone, especially an optic that still has yet to be seen by many people at all, is just bad practice. The Razor 1-6x was our flagship LPVO for 8 years and very highly regarded - to make its successor fall short of that scope in any way across the board would be a huge mistake on our part. Optics are far more complicated than people online who make complete determinations based on a few numerical specs make them out to be. There are full time optical engineers here who painstakingly go through each and every optical system choosing every lens size, curvature, composition, coating, orientation, etc for a very specific reason. With a flagship product like this, you can bet no corners were cut. Those guys picked the objective lens size they did for a reason after much testing and trial and error and determined the optical advantages gained by way of the 24mm objective outweighed those of going bigger. Let your eyes in real life do the deciding

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice that they finally figured out that a magnifier ring feeling like sand grit wasn't good and including the obligatory throw lever.

People don't care if you have to charge more for including a PTL, but just include it!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nice that they finally figured out that a magnifier ring feeling like sand grit wasn't good and including the obligatory throw lever.

People don't care if you have to charge more for including a PTL, but just include it!
    ? My 1-6 is stiff but it’s very smooth.

Agreed on the PTL however. Like it’s 2020.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    ? My 1-6 is stiff but it’s very smooth.

Agreed on the PTL however. Like it’s 2020.

Agreed, my Gen 2 E is stiff but not gritty at all, and it does lighten up some with use.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I may be overstating it, by mine had a tad of grit in the short time I owned it. But it was definitely stiff and nearly unusable without a throw lever.

Back OT, I look forward to seeing how this optic is received by the shooting public and maybe in a year it'll be something I purchase.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’m excited, I’m glad I held off buying a 1-6E. Will you guys have these on any guns at media day? If not I’ll stop by the booth so I can take a look through one. Also thanks for spending time in the forum, we all appreciate manufacturer’s input.

Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Can't say much at this point - stay tuned to our platforms this week for more info.

That said, we mentioned this over on Arfcom when the same concern was mentioned. To write an optic off based on exit pupil alone, especially an optic that still has yet to be seen by many people at all, is just bad practice. The Razor 1-6x was our flagship LPVO for 8 years and very highly regarded - to make its successor fall short of that scope in any way across the board would be a huge mistake on our part. Optics are far more complicated than people online who make complete determinations based on a few numerical specs make them out to be. There are full time optical engineers here who painstakingly go through each and every optical system choosing every lens size, curvature, composition, coating, orientation, etc for a very specific reason. With a flagship product like this, you can bet no corners were cut. Those guys picked the objective lens size they did for a reason after much testing and trial and error and determined the optical advantages gained by way of the 24mm objective outweighed those of going bigger. Let your eyes in real life do the deciding
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-06-20 at 16:05.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I’m excited, I’m glad I help off buying a 1-6E. Will you guys have these on any guns at media day? If not I’ll stop by the booth so I can take a look through one.
    One or two made their way out to industry partners but not sure whether or not they'll be on their guns at media day. Worth checking Aero and Springfield. Otherwise our booth will be stocked.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast