Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest Malfunction for Me - So Far

Feedback Score

Weirdest Malfunction for Me - So Far

So, I was shooting my M4 Carbine today (SOCOM LE6920) and experienced a rather spectacular malfunction. I'm not sure what happened, but here's what the result was. Spent casing did not fully eject, and got hung up in the receiver, bolt overrode the next round being chambered and managed to strip another round off (I know it sounds bizarre). I cleared it by dropping the magazine, locking the bolt back and shaking loose two life round and the spent cartridge, which was all smashed off on the case throat. I've also had rounds being double fed. Could it be my Geissele spring and buffer combo I installed? The BCG is well lubricated, and bolt well cleaned, extractor is fine, etc.

Any ideas what's up? It happened once today out of ten mags put through the weapon.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve had rather strange stoppages from using too much spring. similar to yours, but not quite as dramatic. I’d not clean or lubricate it, and shoot a few hundred more from just that mag in an attempt to reproduce it. Mark the mag. Then I would return the rifle to stock and repeat. If it does it still, destroy the mag.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I bought a 6920 so there would be no need to change parts. If it ain’t broken why fix it. I get changing out the stock trigger but not much else.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My opinion is that Geissele spring is trash along with every other non-mil-spec spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    My opinion is that Geissele spring is trash along with every other non-mil-spec spring.
    Nah I really like the flat springs. Keeps it from having that buffer spring noise when locking back.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I think you’re half right. There are setups that can benefit from stiffer springs, but an unsuppressed 6920 isn’t one of them, IMO. MIke Pannone would disagree with both of us, I think. Of course, if one requires a non-stock spring, I see no reason to choose Geissele, with the proprietary buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Nah I really like the flat springs. Keeps it from having that buffer spring noise when locking back.
    Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, because I can’t locate any effs to give about spring noise, but I keep a Tubbs and H4 on hand for rifles that suddenly become overgassed when adding a can.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Well, I have never seen that before....in the military or since.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I think you’re half right. There are setups that can benefit from stiffer springs, but an unsuppressed 6920 isn’t one of them, IMO. MIke Pannone would disagree with both of us, I think. Of course, if one requires a non-stock spring, I see no reason to choose Geissele, with the proprietary buffer.

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, because I can’t locate any effs to give about spring noise, but I keep a Tubbs and H4 on hand for rifles that suddenly become overgassed when adding a can.
    Well Mike Pannoone can get in line with all the kids with their goofy springs and be just as wrong as the rest of 'em.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And guess what? User account Shootz belongs to our resident troll Reverend Paul McCain, who's been banned about 20 times.

Give it a rest, Paul. Nobody likes you, nobody believes you, and nobody wants you here. Buh-bye.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And guess what? User account Shootz belongs to our resident troll Reverend Paul McCain, who's been banned about 20 times.

Give it a rest, Paul. Nobody likes you, nobody believes you, and nobody wants you here. Buh-bye.
    Lol! Got him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast