Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper receiver options for precision build

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I have a 15" Geissele Mk8 rail on my 18" precision build, and a 13" Mk8 on my 16" precision build. I've been satisfied with them. If I were doing it again, I'd probably go with a rail that has external attachment for the Bipod, such as the DD Lite 3 DDM4 rail, or the Geissele Mk13.

Will you be doing your shooting mostly from prone? Ergonomics may not matter as much to you, which might push you towards a quad rail. I know with my 18" SPR, I could have done the quad because it's always shot from prone and the ergonomics don't matter. Just food for thought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I have a 15" Geissele Mk8 rail on my 18" precision build, and a 13" Mk8 on my 16" precision build. I've been satisfied with them. If I were doing it again, I'd probably go with a rail that has external attachment for the Bipod, such as the DD Lite 3 DDM4 rail, or the Geissele Mk13.

Will you be doing your shooting mostly from prone? Ergonomics may not matter as much to you, which might push you towards a quad rail. I know with my 18" SPR, I could have done the quad because it's always shot from prone and the ergonomics don't matter. Just food for thought.
    Will mostly be shot from the prone and bench. Probably less than 10% will be positional or from a barricade/tree/rock.

The MK13 looks good in terms of bipod mounting.

The products from Barnes Precision Machine and Hodge have also caught my attention but I have heard very little feedback on the former and the later seems to be continually OOS so again not a ton of feedback on those either.
    Last edited by jhr1986; 01-14-20 at 00:07. Reason: I shouldn't post from my phone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12