Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upper receiver options for precision build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Seems like if Craddock will do it that may be the ticket as long as they do it exactly like you want. You may also want to look at Steve at Citizen Arms. Dude can accuratize some uppers.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'm not familiar with that outfit and will look into it. I haven't asked the other two I mentioned if they will assemble it for me, and I would totally understand if they wouldn't want the liability of cobbling together a box full of customer parts. I still sort of think I'll put it together myself but I figure it would take me 2-3x as long to put it together right and they still would likely do a better job.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I'm an armorer so I rarely have someone else do a build for me. Steve did great work for me on a Hodge build I had him do with a URX4. I hate to do URX4s when you want a rock solid gas block. He did a phenomenal job that to this day I don't know how he did it as one of the mlok slots is totally in the way. Anyways, he turns turds into shooters. He got mine under an MOA out of chrome lined barrel. Here is his Instagram if you want to have a look - https://www.instagram.com/citizen_arms/. Good dude

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr1986 View Post
    I asked this question on TOS but didn’t get a lot of responses from those with first hand experience with these receivers.

I’m wanting to build an AR that is as accurate as I can make it. 18” 223 wylde rifle length heavish profile barrel chambered by Craddock/Keystone/CLE on a Bartlein/Kreiger/Douglas blank (any thoughts on that would also be appreciated), geiselle or larue trigger, etc etc and will wear a suppressor 99.9% of the time.

Originally I was looking at an Aero M4E1 receiver set as I figured the barrel nut being machined into the upper would make for a more rigid assembly as well as prevent handguard deflection from affecting the barrel. I’m just not completely sold on Aero as a part supplier for this type of build.

I’ve seen the Seekins IRMT uppers which are the same concept as the Aero; not in love with the handguard options but I’d deal with it if they are truly the best option. Also considering the Vltor MUR combined with a stout rail like a Geiselle. BCM’s new mk2 upper also caught my eye, relatively untested at this point but I like my other BCM gear.

What can the experts here tell me about the M4E1 set compared to the others listed above? Any other receivers I should be looking at?

Thanks!

You should be good with any of the big manufacturers. Noveske, BCM, MEGA, Ext.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234