Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upper receiver options for precision build

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Vltor MUR is a great option. Little more expensive but you can find for around $150

I would also look at SOLGW. They undersize the barrel extension slightly for a tight barrel fit (like BCM) which people say helps with accuracy. They also slightly oversize the lugs on the upper so you get a nice tight fit (instead of needing tension screw in lower) with their lower, or most others

BCM also has a new upper out which should be more rigid that a standard milspec. They also undersize for tight barrel fit. If you are on a budget you can also pick up one of their normal blem uppers for under $70. I have bought several and like these
    Solid advice right here.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    i have 5 MUR uppers. midway had them on clearance for $98 a couple years ago and i couldn't help myself. they are solid,but none of my lowers mate well and i have to use an accuwedge. for my 2 newest builds i'm using the CMT UPUR billet set. the upper is beefier like the MUR. check those out

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFighter98 View Post
    Noveske MUR is also forged.
    That's a change. Last time I looked (admittedly, it was some years ago) they were billet.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-09-20 at 20:24.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wouldn’t the Aero Precision M4E1 (enhanced version) be the most stout and legitimate offering for a precision build? Sure you are limited on hand guard options, but it takes all stress and flex off of the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    That's a change. Last time I looked (admittedly, it was some years ago) they were billet.
    You had me second guessing myself; I had to go double check but the Noveske site does indeed advertise them as forged 7075. I went ahead and bought one of these as well to compare it to the other two. I expect I'll use it for this build, sell off the standard MUR and buy more BCM mk2 uppers for other future builds.

Having trouble finding a 14.5" URX 4 MLOK handguard in stock, hopefully Knights sends out some more of these soon, pretty much just waiting on that and the barrel at this point.

edit: NM, found a URX 4 in stock, order it

Now I just need the barrel....
    Last edited by jhr1986; 02-09-20 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pics of the Novekse Mur vs the regular Vltor Mur below (noveske left, vltor right). As you can see, there is a little extra material towards the barrel nut threads on the Noveske lower.

I'll use the Novekse MUR for this build. Got the URX in a few days ago; still waiting on the bcg and a couple other parts to arrive. I'm going to wait until everything else is in before ordering the barrel so I can send the upper and bolt to be matched with the barrel.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Should be a sweet build. I may have missed it but who is doing the work?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Where are you ordering the barrel from?Some of the places that specialize in accurate builds will match the barrel extension size to your receiver for an interference fit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Where are you ordering the barrel from?Some of the places that specialize in accurate builds will match the barrel extension size to your receiver for an interference fit.
    Going with a Bartlein chambered by Craddock Precision.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Should be a sweet build. I may have missed it but who is doing the work?
    I had planned on doing the assembly myself, but more and more I am considering paying Craddock or perhaps MTSN to assemble the upper.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Seems like if Craddock will do it that may be the ticket as long as they do it exactly like you want. You may also want to look at Steve at Citizen Arms. Dude can accuratize some uppers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast