Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig CS for suppressor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sig CS for suppressor

As I noted in another thread a few weeks ago, I blew up my Sig can being a moron and shooting 6.5 ammo through my 308- NOPE

Anyway, Sig sent a prepaid postage to send in, just got notice it was on its way back 2 day air.

Its what they should be doing, just nice to know that they will and are doing so.

Kudos to Sig.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Link to your other thread? What's the problem with shooting 6.5 through a .30 cal can?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good morning Papabear,

I too am curious about this. I thought their 7.62 suppressors were rated up to. 300 Win Mag pressures.
    Im not a reloader yet, but just assumed 6.5CM is lower pressure than .300 Win Mag. Is that incorrect? I have a Sig 7.62 can in ATF jail now.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe that the 6.5 did not stabilize through the 308 barrel and caused baffle damage or an end strike in the suppressor.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    I believe that the 6.5 did not stabilize through the 308 barrel and caused baffle damage or an end strike in the suppressor.
    Oh, thank you, That makes much more sense now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm wondering the same thing about 6.5 through the 30 cal can. I just bought a SilencerCo Omega and plan to use it on my 6.5PRC along with my .308. This has me wondering now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s a barrel/ammo problem it seems. Not a can pressure issue. Don’t shoot a bullet down a barrel it’s not sized for.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    It’s a barrel/ammo problem it seems. Not a can pressure issue. Don’t shoot a bullet down a barrel it’s not sized for.
    Meaning a 6.5 round was shot out of a 308 barrel?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You guys got it now. I recently made two new purchases that don’t fall into my classic semi custom Remmys with Kreigers, Mcmillian ....full production guns. One my Bergara LRP in 6.5 and the new DD Delta 5 in 308. I shoot a lot of factory through both of those and both kinda new. Grabbed my Delta and a box of Horndog ELD’s in 6.5.

I heard the pop and knew I had ****ed myself, I just had the Delta bedded so I thought, holly shit that bedding really jacked up this gun. Sitting in shock staring at the ammo and gun then Mark realized.....

You shoot enough and you are going to do something really stupid. At least I do. The real pisser is it was my very newest can. Had it less than two months. I’d rather had a warn in one rebuilt.

Supposed to be home today.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-06-20 at 09:44.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing about 6.5 through the 30 cal can. I just bought a SilencerCo Omega and plan to use it on my 6.5PRC along with my .308. This has me wondering now.
    FYI, I run all my 6.5’s with a 30 cal cans and would never buy a 6.5 can. I like the extra space for back pressure and a generous endcap hole. I run my Sig 338 can on a 30 cal and accasionaly 6.5 gasser with no issue.

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast