Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LMT ENHANCED CARRIER, EARLY UNLOCKING?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok. That's why I don't think overgassed is proper. Less weight moving = less felt recoil/sight disturbance/whatever. Because the gas drive is reduced to keep the the carrier velocity down, not adding weight behind it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Ok. That's why I don't think overgassed is proper. Less weight moving = less felt recoil/sight disturbance/whatever. Because the gas drive is reduced to keep the the carrier velocity down, not adding weight behind it.
    You are correct. Over gassed is over gassed and a heavier buffer will not fix it.

The same goes for buffers. A buffer that's too light is to light and attempting to undergas the AR wil not fix it.

When I tested the carbine, H & H2 buffers, all three needed the same gas setting for full function. When the gas was set for full function with the H2 buffer, that was the gas setting needed for the carbine buffer. When the gas was closed one click, the AR short stroked with the carbine buffer. The difference was that the lighter buffer gave sharper recoil.

If you want softer recoil with a lighter buffer, you'll need to use lower pressure ammo.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-21-20 at 22:01.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Im tracking.

IF this is the case, does anyone say, Wolf, make a stronger extractor spring? Are the dual extractor springs simply milspec springs or are they proprietary? I haven't taken it apart to look as im on duty for a few more days so I figured I would ask here.
    For a mil-spec bolt I use the Sprinco ejector springs. To my knowledge they’re about the most high-speed springs you can get.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345