Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LMT ENHANCED CARRIER, EARLY UNLOCKING?

Feedback Score
    Do we have any other reports of how long the extractor springs last? I took apart my bolt and compared the factory springs to some new pairs, and wouldn't you know it, the original springs seem to have quite a bit less tension. I have since replaced them as a precaution, but what I don't know is whether this was a product of wear or they came that way to begin with.

No inconsistent ejection pattern observed with the enhanced bolt or carrier. On a side note, you cannot fit the LMT enhanced extractor springs with the LWRC rubber inserts, there's not enough room.
    Last edited by LimeSpoon; 01-23-20 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSpoon View Post
    Do we have any other reports of how long the extractor springs last? I took apart my bolt and compared the factory springs to some new pairs, and wouldn't you know it, the original springs seem to have quite a bit less tension. I have since replaced them as a precaution, but what I don't know is whether this was a product of wear or they came that way to begin with.

No inconsistent ejection pattern observed with the enhanced bolt or carrier. On a side note, you cannot fit the LMT enhanced extractor springs with the LWRC rubber inserts, there's not enough room.

Are you talking about these? Will these work?

https://www.lwrci.com/LWRCI-ACB-Extr...-Kit_p_29.html

Feedback Score
    Yes, those are the rubber inserts I was referring to. I have not tried firing the gun with the LWRC springs themselves installed, they may work but I would personally prefer not to increase extractor tension so drastically.
    Last edited by LimeSpoon; 01-23-20 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, those are the rubber inserts I was referring to. I have not tried firing the gun with the LWRC springs themselves installed, they may work but I would personally prefer not to increase extractor tension so drastically.
    I'm kinda confused because I thought someone on this thread said they used the lwri ones.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    To be honest this seems like an overkill for a very expensive bolt which should work thousands, if not 10's of thousands of rounds out of the box. The more reviews and experiences I read about LMT enhanced bolt and BCG the more i'm inclined to think it's not a duty grade product. If I'm not mistaken LMT does not use them in any of their rifles out of the factory.

Inconsistent ejection, extraction, bcg running fast or slow depending on barrel length/port size/buffer weight/etc. Proprietary springs which have issues either out of the box or after a few K rounds, etc. I'm not sure if they are addressing any actual problem with it (vs a milspec bolt) or just selling it based on a marketing alone. Even if they are addressing some of deficiencies in theory, execution seems far from proper for a Tier-1 company.

Compared to a number of BCM/Colt/DD BCGs/Bolts out there vs LMT enhanced it seems like issues constantly come up with LMT even in number count (in percentage terms that would be a few orders of magnitude more). Or is it just seems to me that way?
    I've been reading about the EBCG for years and I've always thought they sure caused a lot of trouble and didn't really ever fix anything.

I've been around this site since the beginning and the people here generally seem to tinker and fiddlefart and upgrade things until they don't work.

ETA: Which is not a bad thing as that's how innovation happens.
    Last edited by 17K; 01-23-20 at 22:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG8 View Post
    I'm kinda confused because I thought someone on this thread said they used the lwri ones.
    Yes, you can put the LWRC 6.8 springs inside the LMT Enhanced bolt. I don't know how well they work but they do fit.

What I was saying was that you cannot take the rubber inserts out of the LWRC springs and put them inside the LMT springs. This was an idea that I previously had in mind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I was looking at this ammo yesterday, any thoughts on it? Would you recommend it for training ammo? Do you think its under powered for 223?

Thanks!
    It's actually the same velocity as 5.56 so I assume it's a similar pressure. Either way this stuff is extremely accurate for the price holy cow!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6k if memory serves me and they are a different spec as to the amount of tension. Here are all the part numbers for a refresh from LMT. I happened to have asked Gene about this just a bit ago, as I was looking to update notes for parts for Gen2 mws bolt refreshes (I have one that is due for service)

(5.56 Enhanced bolt parts)

Extractor – LMP1120 -

Extractor spring – LMP1110B -

Ejector – LMP105 -

Ejector Spring – LMP113 -

Ejector Roll pin – LMP113A -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This reminds me of when I shot my MRP with a 14.5 carbine length and got seemingly normal ejection, then tried a 16" middy and it was throwing Wolf at 2:30 when the 14.5 had the same throw with m193 (used the same bcg). Is there really any point to having a mid-length as opposed to carbine, if the midlength is more open? The 14.5 would barely cycle steelcase

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    This reminds me of when I shot my MRP with a 14.5 carbine length and got seemingly normal ejection, then tried a 16" middy and it was throwing Wolf at 2:30 when the 14.5 had the same throw with m193 (used the same bcg). Is there really any point to having a mid-length as opposed to carbine, if the midlength is more open? The 14.5 would barely cycle steelcase
    This is a question I've really been asking lately. Like the last 6-7 years.

I've been shooting my Colts alongside some of the best mids and even a couple of intermediates and I'm not seeing the soft shooting like what the original mids did 10+ years ago.

In fact, my 6920s are softer than most.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast