Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT ENHANCED CARRIER, EARLY UNLOCKING?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Silly question, when it ejects more forward, have those rounds been sitting in a hot chamber slightly longer than the others? I’ve noticed that that can have an effect.

FWIW, my LMT E bolt has consistent ejection in a 16” extended midlength gas rifle. Its been in there for 3,920 rounds.

Edit: Enhanced bolt only, in a FCD carrier. Sample of one. Reading below, it looks like the problem may have more to do with the enhanced carrier.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-07-20 at 15:32. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    The gun functioned 100% but brass ejection was erratic. It would eject a round or two to 4 o'clock then randomly throw one or two casings to 1 o'clock. Again, the gun functioned well but the erratic nature of the brass ejection caused me some concern.

I swapped in a normal, full auto M16 carrier and the brass ejection pattern changed to a 100% consistent 4 o'clock ejection.

Thoughts on this guys? I "feel" like the gun shot softer with the LMT carrier but that could be all in my head. Obviously I'm chasing feel AND function with this build so id like the softest shooting, most reliable carbine possible.
    I did a test of my own today with one of my AR's to try to mimic your experience.

Upper specs:
    -16" Noveske CHF w/pinned GB
    -Noveske Chainsaw Gen 1 upper
    -Geissele MK4 13"
    -VLTOR VC-1 FH

Lower Specs:
    -Rainier Arms forged lower
    -LMT 2-stage trigger
    -BCM RE w/H2 buffer

I did a 5-shot test of each setup with Winchester White box 5.56 55GR.
    -1st test- LMT semi-auto Enhanced carrier w/FN bolt(MPF marked w/copper colored extractor)
    -2nd test- Full-Auto Mil-spec carrier(KAC SR15 takeoff) w/FN bolt(same as above)

Results:
    1st test-erratic ejection from 3 o'clock to dribbling at 1 o'clock. Failed to lock back on 20rd mag(Colt)
    2nd test-strong ejection from 2:30 to 3 o'clock. Locked back on last round.

Feedback Score
    I'd wonder if you can take the rubber inserts out of the LWRC springs, cut them down a little, and fit them onto a new replacement pair of LMT springs?

Seems like a decent way to offer a bit of reinforcement without risking excessive extractor tension. I would assume that, with the longer dwell time and more aggressive extractor claw, the EBCG doesn't need quite as much tension to begin with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    To be honest this seems like an overkill for a very expensive bolt which should work thousands, if not 10's of thousands of rounds out of the box. The more reviews and experiences I read about LMT enhanced bolt and BCG the more i'm inclined to think it's not a duty grade product. If I'm not mistaken LMT does not use them in any of their rifles out of the factory.

Inconsistent ejection, extraction, bcg running fast or slow depending on barrel length/port size/buffer weight/etc. Proprietary springs which have issues either out of the box or after a few K rounds, etc. I'm not sure if they are addressing any actual problem with it (vs a milspec bolt) or just selling it based on a marketing alone. Even if they are addressing some of deficiencies in theory, execution seems far from proper for a Tier-1 company.

Compared to a number of BCM/Colt/DD BCGs/Bolts out there vs LMT enhanced it seems like issues constantly come up with LMT even in number count (in percentage terms that would be a few orders of magnitude more). Or is it just seems to me that way?
    It's just that way to you.

They can't keep them in stock, and it's been that way for years.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Silly question, when it ejects more forward, have those rounds been sitting in a hot chamber slightly longer than the others? I’ve noticed that that can have an effect.

FWIW, my LMT E bolt has consistent ejection in a 16” extended midlength gas rifle. Its been in there for 3,920 rounds.

Edit: Enhanced bolt only, in a FCD carrier. Sample of one. Reading below, it looks like the problem may have more to do with the enhanced carrier.
    Yes and no.

On a cold gun, first string of rapid fire with the LMT Enhanced bolt, the gun ejected erratically as described.

As the gun heated up, no change. The Enhanced bolt carrier was consistently erratic if that makes any sense lol. The standard BCG was consistent in its ejection regardless of chamber temperature.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    My brother just had ACDO put together an enhanced M4A1 using LMT stuff. The EBCG has perfect ejection pattern, and everything runs as I would expect. The rifle literally has no recoil

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    My brother just had ACDO put together an enhanced M4A1 using LMT stuff. The EBCG has perfect ejection pattern, and everything runs as I would expect. The rifle literally has no recoil

What is an enhanced m4a1?

What ammo? Barrel length?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    What is an enhanced m4a1?

What ammo? Barrel length?
    He bought a spm16 and had them cut, crown, and re thread it to 14.5"

We're calling it an enhanced m4a1 because it has an omega rail, EBCG, H2 buffer, white sprinco buffer spring, Magpul sl-s stock, etc

But the actual gun is exactly just a semi auto version of what the product improvement program was for the m4a1

The ammo we used was the Norma tactical .223 from sgammo. It locked open on all 10 mags. We shot 300 rounds that day

Last edited by MikhailBarracuda91; 01-09-20 at 05:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    With all the craziness in my life lately, haven't had a chance to follow up with this suggestion that member Vulcan5 PMed me awhile back. It sounds like a good solution to the ebolt extraction issue-
    Where can I find the longer roll pins?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    He bought a spm16 and had them cut, crown, and re thread it to 14.5"

We're calling it an enhanced m4a1 because it has an omega rail, EBCG, H2 buffer, white sprinco buffer spring, Magpul sl-s stock, etc

But the actual gun is exactly just a semi auto version of what the product improvement program was for the m4a1

The ammo we used was the Norma tactical .223 from sgammo. It locked open on all 10 mags. We shot 300 rounds that day

I was looking at this ammo yesterday, any thoughts on it? Would you recommend it for training ammo? Do you think its under powered for 223?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast