Thread: Trijicon 1-8x vs Vudu 1-8x

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Trijicon 1-8x vs Vudu 1-8x

F***. At 8x, the Vudu 1-8x makes the Trijicon 1-8x looks like there's dirt on the lens... I cleaned the lens and it didn't make a difference.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    F***. At 8x, the Vudu 1-8x makes the Trijicon 1-8x looks like there's dirt on the lens... I cleaned the lens and it didn't make a difference.
    Not many reviews of 1-8x Vudus - how is the eyebox and illumination?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Somehow I missed the introduction of the 1-8x, but it pops right up with a search. Glad I didn't buy the 1-6x at recent "clearance" prices...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Glad I didn't buy the 1-6x at recent "clearance" prices...
    They fulfill different requirements. 1-6x is a FFP scope with a EOTech 68MOA reticle and 1-8x is SFP with a simple cross-hair and a daylight bright dot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It is counter-intuitive that the 1-6 is FFP, and the 1-8 is SFP. I'm curious to read reviews.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    It is counter-intuitive that the 1-6 is FFP, and the 1-8 is SFP. I'm curious to read reviews.
    It's not because:
    - FFP is generally heavier compared to SFP of the same magnification.
    - It's very difficult to design a usable FFP reticle at both 1x and 8x - reticle would either be too fine at 1x or too big at 8x. 1-10x simply magnifies this issue even further (no pun intended).
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 01-07-20 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    It's not because:
    - FFP is generally heavier compared to SFP of the same magnification.
    - It's very difficult to design a usable reticle at both 1x and 8x - reticle would either be too fine at 1x or too big at 8x. 1-10x simply magnifies this issue even further (no pun intended).
    On the reticle, Burris failed that with their 1-8x XTRII, which is probably why they have been so cheap for the last year. Great scope other than the reticle, but about a "C" with the reticle. Funny because their earlier Veracity hunting scope did a better job at being useful over its 5x FFP zoom range.

Nightforce seems to have done fine with the NX8 and the just announced Razor gen3 1-10x looks similar and usable. Monkey-see, monkey-do, I would think scope makers would simply copy that design to have something that works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Nightforce seems to have done fine with the NX8
    I looked through it, for my purpose as a civilian/3-gun use it's a still a fairly busy reticle at 8x. NF designed it specifically for Mil/LE contracts and I get that.

The Vudu 1-8x is similar to Swarovski Z8i 1-8x24 with BRT-I reticle which is popular with 3-gunners & hunters.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    March Optics also has a new 17oz 1-10x concept scope, and they will probably be showing a prototype of it at SHOT. They also currently have a 1-8X shorty scope in production.

https://marchscopes.com/news/3798/
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-15-20 at 16:23.