Thread: Commo guys, Baofeng setup, antennas and accessories.

Feedback Score

Commo guys, Baofeng setup, antennas and accessories.

I've tried the Nagoya 15in whip antenna, the arrabee 42in, now the diamond 15in whip and O don't get any reception from any of the after markets. The OEM gets the best reception out of all of them. What specific antenna do I need to get the best reception?

I was looking for the ATAK tablet or phone app for Android but cannot find it. What's the best app to connect the radio to a laptop, tablet or phone? Also, what cable do I need, I already may have it.

For accessories, I have the USB transformer cable, tac sky us4 PTT, car charge, bigger battery. I'm just trying to find the right antenna and cables.

What else do I need to be able to setup the radio, cables to connect to other devices and a proper antenna!?

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No reception would imply a connector issue. Just not that much difference in antenna performance to create an all or nothing reception issue.

Who/what are you trying to communicate with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    No reception would imply a connector issue. Just not that much difference in antenna performance to create an all or nothing reception issue.

Who/what are you trying to communicate with?
    I'm just trying to get the NOAA weather channel to test. With the OEM antenna the reception is 2:5. Reception with the after market antennas are 0:5.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    Last edited by Rrotz; 01-06-20 at 11:04.