Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 Glocks preferred over Gen 5. Bad choice?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It’s the Indian not the arrow.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Gen3masterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As others have said if the Gen 4 works for you, rock on. I still carry a Gen 3 on duty by choice as I'm a fan of the RTF frames. There is no "necessity" to make a switch to Gen 5.

Having said that the last two Glocks I have bought have been Gen 5. I like the design changes and as soon as I can source a P1 I'll be carrying a 17MOS Gen 5. They display slightly better accuracy than the previous Gens and I personally like the mag well and lack of finger grooves. In the end you have to "do you". A Gen 5 gun ain't gonna magically win the gunfight for you any better than a Gen 4.

Feedback Score
    The small internal updates, lack of finger grooves, parts commonality, and superior ejection are worth the upgrade if you only have one or two Glocks. Make sure you get the FS or MOS version for the updated slide features and lack of cutout.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I prefer the Gen 5 I am dumping my Gen 4's. The Gen 4 other than the grip was the worst series as the trigger sucked they had issues with brass to face from the get go and failures to be reliable in 9mm in the beginning.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm going to do the same. I'm buying two identical Gen 5 19 FSs with the Ameriglos and selling my Gen 4 19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Gen3masterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #truefacts

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If I jump back into the glock game, i'm going gen 5 19, 45, or 17 - whichever I can find for less than blue label prices i'll snag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to do the same. I'm buying two identical Gen 5 19 FSs with the Ameriglos and selling my Gen 4 19.
    I ended up with two 19.5 pistols with Ameriglos. There newer one has the front slide serrations and the breech face cut. Both eject well, but the pistol with the breech face cut is better. I don't miss my Gen3 and Gen4 G19s at all.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    As others have said if the Gen 4 works for you, rock on. I still carry a Gen 3 on duty by choice as I'm a fan of the RTF frames.
    All 7 of my Glock's are Gen 3. I like the finger grooves, (I know a lot of people hate them). More importantly is mine are all Austrian built, Tennifer coated. I'm hearing the new finish is not as durable, or rust free. I have no idea if that's true or not. But you all but never heard of anything involving rust on Glock's, until they started building them here, and changed the finish.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast