Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New KAC Suppressors: Pressure Reduction Technology

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Attachment 60411
    Attachment 60412

So, this is my collection minus 5-6 that are somewhere. Anyways, a lot of the POI really depends weather I had it direct threaded on the barrel or the use of a attachment. Im not kidding, I had a KAC QDC 556 off about 12-13" at 100 yards, that was using a MAMS attachment on a SR-15 16". That was using 55 and 62 gr, if i use heavier rounds like barnes 85 OTM BT then i get more consistency as well as better POI but i dont want to run 85 gr all the time. Regardless, im still a KAC fan as well as there suppressors. I have my name on these PRT's already.

Having said that, I had a horrible experience with AAC over the years until 2018. In my experience which may be different from yours is:

Surefire: Built like a tank! One of the top 5 quietest suppressors I have and I have (6). Sometimes its extremely difficult to remove suppressor from the mount after use. F/A rated. My SBR's love them.

AAC: Quite heavy for size, very durable. Was the standard 10 years ago. Now that Remington own them, quality has stabilized. Not the quietest but easy to attach without any indexing. F/A rated. Experience varies from gun to gun. As far as having a "movie quiet" suppressor, this is it, having razor sharp precision accuracy, not so much.

OSS: Defiantly not the quietest!! My SBR's love OSS suppressors, my ears don't! Cost a little more than others but at least I can disassemble and clean. I love the HX on my P90! When i stated that the KAC are like the OSS design, i was talking about the operation, not the actual design. This will be the standard in a few years- the military is leaning heavily on this type of suppressor. KAC is not going to come in last on this.

Thunderbeast: Super light weight!! Minimal POI while attaching directly. Very quiet! I use on a 6.5 and have had a great experience.

KAC: Very expensive ( I own 4). So, i have had good experience on some guns and not so good experience on SBR's or pistol length gas systems. Like i said earlier, the POI is almost funny. No baffle strikes ever, quieter than Surefire and dissipates heat faster than most suppressors. I could have gotten a few suppressors that met the minimal quality control standard, who knows. For QCB (25-35 yards), they work fantastic. The QDC 762 works superb with a 10.5" 300blk supersonic. The QDC 556 works better with heavier rounds but not enough observation or experience.

SilencerCO: The Saker is by far one of the best suppressors on the market, especially now that they have gone from the earlier Trifecta mount to the ASR mount. The Omega is also a great suppressor, a little lighter than the Chimera but still heavier than the Surefire SOCOM 762. Overall, my experience with SilencerCo products has been great.

Griffen Armament: I only have 2 and not enough experience.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Attachment 60411
    Attachment 60412

So, this is my collection minus 5-6 that are somewhere. Anyways, a lot of the POI really depends weather I had it direct threaded on the barrel or the use of a attachment. Im not kidding, I had a KAC QDC 556 off about 12-13" at 100 yards, that was using a MAMS attachment on a SR-15 16". That was using 55 and 62 gr, if i use heavier rounds like barnes 85 OTM BT then i get more consistency as well as better POI but i dont want to run 85 gr all the time. Regardless, im still a KAC fan as well as there suppressors. I have my name on these PRT's already.

Having said that, I had a horrible experience with AAC over the years until 2018. In my experience which may be different from yours is:

Surefire: Built like a tank! One of the top 5 quietest suppressors I have and I have (6). Sometimes its extremely difficult to remove suppressor from the mount after use. F/A rated. My SBR's love them.

AAC: Quite heavy for size, very durable. Was the standard 10 years ago. Now that Remington own them, quality has stabilized. Not the quietest but easy to attach without any indexing. F/A rated. Experience varies from gun to gun. As far as having a "movie quiet" suppressor, this is it, having razor sharp precision accuracy, not so much.

OSS: Defiantly not the quietest!! My SBR's love OSS suppressors, my ears don't! Cost a little more than others but at least I can disassemble and clean. I love the HX on my P90! When i stated that the KAC are like the OSS design, i was talking about the operation, not the actual design. This will be the standard in a few years- the military is leaning heavily on this type of suppressor. KAC is not going to come in last on this.

Thunderbeast: Super light weight!! Minimal POI while attaching directly. Very quiet! I use on a 6.5 and have had a great experience.

KAC: Very expensive ( I own 4). So, i have had good experience on some guns and not so good experience on SBR's or pistol length gas systems. Like i said earlier, the POI is almost funny. No baffle strikes ever, quieter than Surefire and dissipates heat faster than most suppressors. I could have gotten a few suppressors that met the minimal quality control standard, who knows. For QCB (25-35 yards), they work fantastic. The QDC 762 works superb with a 10.5" 300blk supersonic. The QDC 556 works better with heavier rounds but not enough observation or experience.

SilencerCO: The Saker is by far one of the best suppressors on the market, especially now that they have gone from the earlier Trifecta mount to the ASR mount. The Omega is also a great suppressor, a little lighter than the Chimera but still heavier than the Surefire SOCOM 762. Overall, my experience with SilencerCo products has been great.

Griffen Armament: I only have 2 and not enough experience.
    A 13" POI shift is absolutely unsat. I have never had a Surefire can off by more than about 4moa on any gun that wasn't a POS, and on my good stuff like my Hodge, there is no POI shift. If my QDC 556 on a custom Bartlein has more than 4moa, I will not be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    FWIW: POI shift with most KAC QDC suppressors is less than 1.5 MOA.
    Some .300 BLK is weird with the original 762QDC, but those are not product-line indicative.
    Updated to reflect that I now read this ^^ Yes, <1.5moa is totally cool and in line with what I expect at this level.
    Last edited by WS6; 01-16-20 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Cool. Can I get one before Mid-2021 (Form 3 & 4 wait time included) or will this be vaporware?

Don't worry. My gripe is not KAC specific. Any suppressors released at SHOT seemingly never make to the market, so it's hard to give a shit. If they do, it's several years later.

I have money and I would purchase a 5.56 can right now. Does KAC want it or nah? Not a fan of letting someone hold my money for a year just to be like "oops, QC issues.". (Again, not KAC specific but it's now a personal rule due to being burned by ****tards in the gun industry at SHOT consistently from 2011-2013.)
    This was a military item and the press release wasn't supposed to even leak. It's not even a can you SHOULD be able to buy, as a civilian, as of right now, government not withstanding.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    This was a military item and the press release wasn't supposed to even leak. It's not even a can you SHOULD be able to buy, as a civilian, as of right now, government not withstanding.
    That's even worse. Why do people get hype about things they cannot own?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That's even worse. Why do people get hype about things they cannot own?
    It wasn't "leaked," KAC put it right up on their website. For all this hush-hush talk they sure didn't do a good job since they just let someone put it up online: https://www.knightarmco.com/wp-conte...GITAL-2020.pdf

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Elephant , your suppressors sure are in much better shape than mine. Mine look beat to **** compared to yours, good on you. I guess I shouldn't dump them in a bag and throw in the back of a truck, oh well.

Can I get a clarifying explanation on where the 13 inches is going. Straight down, or 13 inch groups? Are is this whole thing Bullshit.
    E, you can do it, answer the 13 inch mystery.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Elephant , your suppressors sure are in much better shape than mine. Mine look beat to **** compared to yours, good on you. I guess I shouldn't dump them in a bag and throw in the back of a truck, oh well.

Can I get a clarifying explanation on where the 13 inches is going. Straight down, or 13 inch groups? Are is this whole thing Bullshit.

PB
    He's talking about a 13 inch Point of Impact shift from where the gun was zeroed without a suppressor. In other words, he's saying his groups are off by over a foot at 100 yards from the original zero.

Jack has stated, as have others, that this is highly irregular for a KAC-quality can (or any modern can, for that matter), and it's probably an issue with the barrel or mounting interface. No one else to my knowledge is seeing that sort of POI shift with a KAC can. I'd love to see someone try, honestly, because that's pretty ridiculous. 20 inches is even more insane. No one would bother to use cans if that was the standard.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Thanks, I only use like 4 mainly! By the way, I put suppressor covers on all of them. I have a Safteyclean parts washer I use to clean everything gun related, just take off your optic and throw the whole damn gun in the tank and clean away! Its not professional but I'm lazy and it gets the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    He's talking about a 13 inch Point of Impact shift from where the gun was zeroed without a suppressor. In other words, he's saying his groups are off by over a foot at 100 yards from the original zero.
    This pretty much sums it up. Its been a pretty weird experience for me on a couple of guns. Just matching certain guns with certain suppressors. I have no complaints on KAC suppressors, but did have experience with a 12-13" POI shift, that was a 16" SR-15 MOD 1, However, on a 16" LWRC, it was normal. Likewise, i have found that some guns like some suppressors with certain ammo. My AAC SD762 on a Gunwerks 7mm was crazy off at 200 yards, i put a Thunderbeast on and didn't hardly notice a POI change at 200yards. Now, one thing i have heard is that attaching a 21oz suppressor to a 26" carbon wrapped proof barrel might be too much ( i highly doubt it but wouldn't be surprised) so that's why i put a much lighter thunderbeast on there and didn't notice much change. If anyone could elaborate, please explain. But for the most part, I have nothing but good experience with all my suppressors, there was only a couple odd experiences. I have a short video of that one incident somewhere, it may be on my Instagram, but I'm shooting tracers at a 4'x2' target at 100yard distance and a lot of them are hitting the ground at around 80 yards. And this particular gun had a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 zeroed at 100 yards. You might say that Elephant is a bad shot, I wouldn't disagree but, but I'm not that bad.

Someone asked how I sheared my index pin on my MAMS brake, well first off, I think "sheared" was a bad term to use. I should have said, it simply broke. But that was after a couple of years of use. I'm not sure how it broke, I noticed one time when trying to align the KAC suppressor and it wasn't finding the pin. It was a easy fix, just found some small round bar and pressed it in. Normally I don't notice these things until I'm an hour away from home and need to use it. I drove 3 hours to go shoot some pigs with a few friends, took a 6.5 CR bolt action rifle and brought along 200 rounds of 6.5 Grendel. That's my life in a nutshell!

But to answer your question with all honesty, i dont know why. im not a scientist or one to look too deeply into things. I was just simply pointing that out.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    It wasn't "leaked," KAC put it right up on their website. For all this hush-hush talk they sure didn't do a good job since they just let someone put it up online: https://www.knightarmco.com/wp-conte...GITAL-2020.pdf
    The marketing department was not informed that that there were non-public release product details there, so during a regular update it was released.
    Not playing semantics, but it wasn’t supposed to go out, that’s about it.

Once it was discovered, we decided it was better to just discuss it even though our commercial release process wasn’t able to be followed.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The marketing department was not informed that that there were non-public release product details there, so during a regular update it was released.
    Not playing semantics, but it wasn’t supposed to go out, that’s about it.

Once it was discovered, we decided it was better to just discuss it even though our commercial release process wasn’t able to be followed.
    Noted. I for one am very grateful that you’ve been willing to share details about it with us, so thank you sir.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast