Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New KAC Suppressors: Pressure Reduction Technology

Feedback Score
    If there are no civilian sales in the near future, that will give me time to save up, and think about it. I really enjoy using the CRS, so it might be nice to get a different flavor of it in the far future. The CRS-PRT might be really nice for my SR-25.
    Last edited by R.O.U.S.; 01-10-20 at 22:32. Reason: a word

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Could be. My only comment is on the ad/write up. Sounds like the usual marketing hype. The cap pics help.
    I don't think that you're intending to be as negative as previous posts read, so please don't take my response as anything other than addressing your points.

Here's the ad copy with information depth (the problem with ad copy is that it has to be short and to the point and serve as a point of reference for interested parties, not give evidential depth of data):

KAC’s Pressure Reduction Technology (PRT) Signature Reduction Device line blends the proven durability and acoustic performance of the previous generation of KAC suppressors with pressure reduction design.
    We took the baffle weldments of our robust high-performers and added in design features that vent pressure after the suppression event has transpired. Our suppressors are designed for and have proven to be at least among the most robust and durable designs available or fielded. There isn't a much more concise way to accurately convey those facts.

These suppressors are specifically engineered to release the majority of the pressure contained in the device and bore prior to the operating system beginning extraction, which significantly reduces the negative effects of suppressor integration, and reduces felt recoil compared to a traditional suppressor with the same level of sound reduction.
    We weren't just randomly welding stuff to and poking holes into the suppressors. They were designed around the QDC attachment system and internal features of suppressors that work well using a lot of past experience with suppressor design, gas flow modeling software, high speed video, and extensive prototyping and live-fire confirmation, along with government testing and confirmation that validates and verifies our claims. A whole lot of the retained pressure held in the bore and suppressor is released after projectile transit, and prior to extraction; which makes the suppressor addition way more neutral in operating system effect. Since the operating system isn't getting that bore pressure boost, the buffer impacts at less speed (lower force= lower recoil), and baffles are naturally a brake, they just don't feel like it because of the recoil increase (brake effect=lower recoil).

Muzzle flash, and specifically first-round flash, has also been directly addressed and minimized with the PRT design.
    Many "low back-pressure" suppressor designs have pretty bad flash and first round flash. Many don't really care about that, but our core customers do. So we made significant effort to ensure that our flash profile is minimal. We use both advanced light sensors and photography equipment/techniques to test and verify the performance. We're doing pretty good there.

The Quick Disconnect (QDC) mounting method ensures reduced carbon-lock, as well as minimal but repeatable point of impact shift when transitioning between suppressed and unsuppressed configurations.
    KAC QDC suppressors have been adopted and fielded in significant numbers, and government testing indicates that this claim is entirely accurate.

For interval maintenance, the PRT devices can be cleaned with commonly used bore solvents or ultrasonic tank cleaning with a water rinse.
    Pretty much is what is says. Lots of other neato-whiz-bang suppressors and coatings don't necessarily agree with those methods. Rinsing in clean fresh water helps get those solvents out of the can so when it gets hot it isn't pouring out nasty smoke.

Anyway, just giving info to flesh out the statements.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

New KAC Suppressors: Pressure Reduction Technology

I want one in the worse way possible. Ugh

Also 10/10 want 1.375x24 Threaded QDC Mount for the F1 suppressor crowd.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-09-20 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah that’s a solid sales pitch. Slight bummer about the weight increase and I’ve heard the KAC cans are on the louder end, but when I finally get there, most of what the new changes are supposed to effect are my big concerns.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    QDC cans are already so low pressure compared to a huge segment of the market, I bet these new ones will be bananas.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Also 10/10 want 1.375x24 Threaded QDC Mount for the F1 suppressor crowd.
    I will buy several copies of this along with several QDC flash suppressors.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I will buy several copies of this along with several QDC flash suppressors.
    100% this.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    QDC cans are already so low pressure compared to a huge segment of the market, I bet these new ones will be bananas.
    . I found this to be true on my mini QDC on my 16inch SR15. Handles the gas well. Still pretty pumped about my MAMS.

I think Jack should T&E me an SR25 and one of these new cans. Just a thought.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-13-20 at 19:25.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Like every thing about these, but the weight increase.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-14-20 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    KAC 556 cans already have the lowest back pressure design that ive seen or sued that wasn't a gimmick. Ive been singing KAC 556 can praises since I bought my first 2 in 2016. I would sell all my surefires and buy more KAC cans based on performance if it wasn't such a giant pain in the ass to sell NFA items.
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 01-15-20 at 13:04.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast