Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New KAC Suppressors: Pressure Reduction Technology

Feedback Score
    I love my full size QDC 5.56 suppressor a lot.

The QDC CQB PRT is definitely in my future when they hit the commercial sector. This just means that my next gun is getting a MAMS.

Now back to trying to hold off on grabbing a QDC CQB like I was trying to hold off before..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Jack, any ETA on these? I’m super close to sending some of that stimulus check to set up a trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not Jack. I do not speak for Jack.

That said, it is my educated opinion that you should go ahead and spent your check however you want, and if you're still employed, you'll have enough time to have saved back up to buy a PRT when they are available to you, presuming you are a civilian/not getting them with the /mil.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I am not Jack. I do not speak for Jack.

That said, it is my educated opinion that you should go ahead and spent your check however you want, and if you're still employed, you'll have enough time to have saved back up to buy a PRT when they are available to you, presuming you are a civilian/not getting them with the /mil.
    Yeah I assume that they really can’t say. I’m leaning towards a Griffin M4SDK until these come out. It’s a lot cheaper so I won’t feel as bad spending money on one of these even if it’s as soon as I get that can.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Yeah I assume that they really can’t say. I’m leaning towards a Griffin M4SDK until these come out. It’s a lot cheaper so I won’t feel as bad spending money on one of these even if it’s as soon as I get that can.
    With our current suppressor demand I would not expect the PRT suppressor line to be released commercially before the end of Q4.
    It breaks my heart to say that, because these cans are next-level. I'm right there in line with the rest of us for these to be available.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Griffin really confuses me. I am watching their latest videos, and they are really quiet at the ear, etc. but the gun cycles so hard with them vs. other cans that are louder at the ear. I do not understand. SAME GUN, too, and I do believe they are intellectually honest with these videos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    With our current suppressor demand I would not expect the PRT suppressor line to be released commercially before the end of Q4.
    It breaks my heart to say that, because these cans are next-level. I'm right there in line with the rest of us for these to be available.
    Thanks Jack, we appreciate you letting us know and all the work you guys are doing to propel the industry forward.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Griffin really confuses me. I am watching their latest videos, and they are really quiet at the ear, etc. but the gun cycles so hard with them vs. other cans that are louder at the ear. I do not understand. SAME GUN, too, and I do believe they are intellectually honest with these videos.
    The M4SDk is not a super low backpressure can. It works fine on my 11.3” and 12.3” BA barrels, and I don’t notice any gassiness. Ejection is 2-3 o’clock. Its fine with hot ammo. But when I was using it on my 16” BRT, it gassed me out bad. Even with an AGB, it was pretty bad. Spit oil out of every orifice. Total headscratcher, since the BRT seems lightly gassed. I’ve used it on a few others, and its been a non-issue.

I’m not convinced that good (or bad) at-ear numbers are as inextricably tied to backpressure as people think.

Edit: I apologize for the posting spree. Came to the NFA forums to do some research and got sidetracked.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-28-20 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm in the market for a new can and now that I can't have this one I want it... may be worth the wait if they are (hopefully?) released this year...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I'm in the market for a new can and now that I can't have this one I want it... may be worth the wait if they are (hopefully?) released this year...
    Jack mentioned yesterday that he doesn't anticipate civilian sales before 2021. I would take a hard look at the Energetic Arms Vox or the OSS HX-QD.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Jack mentioned yesterday that he doesn't anticipate civilian sales before 2021. I would take a hard look at the Energetic Arms Vox or the OSS HX-QD.
    Eh, wait until the latter third of this year. You'll better be able to evaluate the playing field at that time.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast