Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The SA Hellcat . . . trigger problem?

Feedback Score
    I ran a bunch of Bill Drills with the new Hellcat, (loaded with common fmj) LCR .327 (loaded with .32 mag) and a Beretta M81FS. (Fiocchi 73 gr)

None of these have a large grip but the Beretta was the easiest to draw.

All from concealment with AIWB holsters. I disengaged the safety on the Hellcat each time. I never forgot it or missed it. I dont think it added to my times at all but I'll test that another time.

Timed, 7 yds, 6 shots, A-zone hits or it didn't count. I did about 10 with each gun.

The Hellcat was slowest at an average of about 3.75 sec. Its jumpy.

The LCR was a 1/4 second faster. (3.5s) The trigger, while excellent, holds it back. I short stroked it once, immediately after I'd been firing Beretta.

The Beretta 81FS average about 2.65 sec. 😁 Pretty damn fast. I never lose the front sight while firing. The time to the first shot (starting in DA decock position) is about the same as the Hellcat but the split times are fast.

The difference between the .32 and 9mm was more than I expected. In 2.65 s I could put 3 shot of 9mm (3 inch ballistics) or 6 shots of .32 (full length ballistics) in the A-zone.

The Beretta was more accurate at 25 yes with a 5.5 inch 10 shot group but again, I only had Wolf ammo left to get the 7.75 inch group in the Hellcat.

I give the Hellcat a B-minus so far.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-20-21 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Choose your carry ammo. Shoot group from bench.
    Use this “sight correction” formula to determine proper FS height.
    6”/7” is a LOT of error for filing RS.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/learn...aspx?lid=13093
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

- While I can replicate the lock up pressing the trigger blade to the side it's not an issue while firing and fixable with a small file if it was.
    Then I would consider doing that or sending it back and have the factory do it under warranty (probably the best route) and eliminate the outside chance it could happen.

Last week I did some FireArms Training Simulator (FATS) video training at my local PD's range. It reinforced how sudden things can happen and how easy it is to "mess up" under stress. A trigger pull slightly off-center could happen when a 12 year old girl pops out of her dad's truck and blasts you with a 12 guage when you thought it was a BB gun (it went BAM!! instead of phfft, she got off the first shot . . . it was a clue).

Fun stuff!
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    I figured out the blister.

It's from finger skin getting between the trigger tip and trigger guard. Especially on release. "Glock finger".

Only especially bad.

And because the trigger guard is so thin there isnt any extra material as can be done on a Glock.

This is looking like a deal breaker. I'm not into carry guns that cause pain, blisters, or bleeding with a low number of practice rounds.

Feedback Score
    Figured out the mostly failure of LSHO.

It's my thumb riding the slide lock that is perfectly positioned for it to be held / pushed down during recoil.

Looking at it closely I don't think there's anything I can do about the Hellcat trigger pinch.

I prefer the S&W Sheild 2.0 to the Hellcat. What I really think I'd like is a S&W 2.0 Subcompact Optic Ready.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123