Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The SA Hellcat . . . trigger problem?

Feedback Score

Question The SA Hellcat . . . trigger problem?

My son-in-law and I were killing time looking around local gun shops over Christmas. I'd ask each place if they had a Springfield Hellcat in stock knowing the negative answer I would receive.

However, at one, a pawn shop employee said no but he'd handled two of them and had the same problem with both. Well, do tell. Seems the trigger locked up on the first one. Later, when he got a chance to examine a second one . . . same thing!

Today, I was out of town in Jacksonville, FL and went in The Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd. They had one and I asked if I could dry fire. Sure enough, if I didn't pull exactly straight back (or at least pretty close) the trigger locked!

The trigger appears to be similar to Glock's Safe Action System. My son-in-law, who carries a Glock on duty, said he'd never had that problem and I've never heard of anyone who carries a Glock having that problem.

So . . .

Did a pawn shop employee and I find the only three Hellcats with this problem?

Gotta doubt it!
    Last edited by Mean Bone; 01-06-20 at 22:02.
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can only speak for myself but, while I didn't care for it, the one I shot was fine. Only one gun and only one box of ammo but there were no malfunctions. Didn't pay attention to where I was pulling the trigger

Feedback Score
    I'd like to know if anyone can duplicate this by pressing the trigger slightly off centerline.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had that happen on a Canik pistol with the same type of safety lever in the trigger. You can just file a little off of the rear of the safety lever. It will still work but it won’t require the perfect finger placement. It will then work just like a Glock. The trigger safety is more of a drop safety anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I rented one last week. I really wanted to buy a Hellcat until I shot it. After 200 rounds I bought the Sig P365. I didn't care for the trigger or the recoil on the Hellcat. After a few rounds with the Hellcat I started to get what I call the Glock .40 sting from the web of my hand down to the palm.

Feedback Score
    I’m almost 71 years old, with weak and painful hands from arthritis.
    I don’t expect any pistol like the Hellcat to be a range toy, as in 2-300 rds at a time, but mine works perfectly, is accurate, and carries wonderfully well, in all day office carry in a Vedder Light Tuck.
    Don’t have any problem with my trigger, and while very crisp, I chose it over the P365 SAS because the trigger has a little more weight to it, which I like in a EDC piece such as this.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Dean View Post
    I rented one last week. I really wanted to buy a Hellcat until I shot it. After 200 rounds I bought the Sig P365. I didn't care for the trigger or the recoil on the Hellcat. After a few rounds with the Hellcat I started to get what I call the Glock .40 sting from the web of my hand down to the palm.
    I thought the same thing. Recoil really reminded me of shooting a 40sw

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    . . . Don’t have any problem with my trigger . . .
    Skip, would you dry fire while pressing the trigger a bit off line and see if you can duplicate what I found?

Feedback Score
    Well, I found one at Academy and the sales person was kind enough to remove the trigger lock. I was unable to reproduce the problem. Apparently, not universal but may be unique to a subset of guns.
    Last edited by Mean Bone; 01-21-20 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bone View Post
    Skip, would you dry fire while pressing the trigger a bit off line and see if you can duplicate what I found?
    Sorry, just saw your post a few minutes ago. No, I’m not able to replicate the trigger glitch.
    Skip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast