Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
Like what? It uses a standard AR lower/mags with the same manual of arms. It has dual recoil springs in the upper so you can actually utilize a folding stock. Adjustable gas block. Full MLOK/M1913 rail, pseudo-free floated barrel (as well as any piston AR anyway). Piston looks very similar to the HK set up.

I understand that actual AR-180 had some nuances to it's layout, but this BRN thing seems to marry up the best features of both. I do have questions regarding the barrel quality though. I'm not sure if it is chrome lined.

I think that you've pointed out its biggest flaw: it doesn't have HK stamped on it!
Reciprocating charging handles are AIDS.
Folding stocks really help when I’m shooting

The point of the AR-18 was to be the American AK. A conscript rifle for ostensibly friendly nations that didn’t have the means to forge aircraft aluminum but could work with stamped metal. I believe it would have gotten more traction had it not relied on its own magazine.

Otherwise it wasn’t the gun the AR-15 was.

It’s a charade. It’s boomercore. It’s the gun equivalent of Al Bundy bringing up his High School football days to teenagers.

The AR-18 action in itself isn’t bad, but it had its own flaws and hitherto HK has been the only ones able to make it work like it needs to and still be an AR.

I’m not even an HK fanboy but them is facts.