Thread: Breaking: Iran launches attack on Al Asad Airbase

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So he’s a warmonger AND a pussy?

Fvcking magnets how do they work?
    nido04bg by Willis, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Not sure. Let’s down some Faygo and paint our faces. It may help our world view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hatchet Men get things done. Just too damn inclusive though .
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    ...We basically got off Scot-free for killing a top iranian leader. Iran gets to save face by launching a few ineffective missile strikes and the status quo is maintained.
    IF that's the end of it, you'd be right. But it sure seems suspicious.

Iran stated publicly that they won't use proxy forces or an ally to respond to the killing of Soleimani but they would use the Iranian military.

That pretty much means that Iran -will- be cooking up some sort of shady response. It will take planning and time to execute.
    In the meantime, look at the pretty missiles.
    The rockets recently sent are a demonstration that Iran can spin to qualify as a response.

I'd expect a more serious attack to come later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Not sure. Let’s down some Faygo and paint our faces. It may help our world view.

Okay. I’m down.

Feedback Score
    Intent

Did Iran intend to kill Americans or was it a way to save face? I started thinking last night that perhaps the latter was the case. As today wears on it seems there is some opinion to the contrary (surely to occur as speculation is rampant).

So, did they "intentionally" flub this to prevent the gun pointed at their heads from being fired? Or were they really stupid enough to think we couldn't or wouldn't do it?

My personal opinion is that they know Trump isn't Obama, either Bush, or Clinton. Reagan didn't play and popped Praying Mantis on them, so it was that long ago since they've faced determined opposition. I think they know Trump wasn't bluffing and he would have lit Iran up like a Christmas tree last night if Americans had been killed.

So was it:

1) an "intentional" flub to save face

or

2) they really wanted to kill Americans but are inept
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Juggalos..... smh

Lol
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Juggalos..... smh

Lol
    ThE gReAt MiLeNkO

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Anyone else listen to Scott Adams today? I think his analysis of Iran's "magic trick" is right on.

The Cliff Notes version is he suggested they "attacked" the US to appease Iranians and they missed so we would not retaliate.

https://youtu.be/Hq06gu63oYY

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    Anyone else listen to Scott Adams today? I think his analysis of Iran's "magic trick" is right on.

The Cliff Notes version is he suggested they "attacked" the US to appease Iranians and they missed so we would not retaliate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    That's what I thought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post

I've seen a couple of the satellite photos showing the destroyed hangars at Al-Asad. These hits were not done by guided precision weapons but old technology. The Iranians could not accurately know where on the base these would hit - just the general area within the base. That there were no US casualties and I suppose no Iraqi casualties indicates to me that we either went into secure bunkers in advance, or evacuated to a safe location. Even then, a misguided missile could have killed Americans. Then what?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Best case scenario, ultimately. Heads on a swivel though, Iran-based Intel ops will be working overtime.

But for real, why is he so orange? Can't his makeup people do something about that? Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't. But it seemed like the self-tanner lotion was working hardcore today.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast