Thread: Hodgdon & CCI primers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hodgdon & CCI primers

Thought these might be of interest.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I still have some of the old CCI package primers but I've never seen the Hodgdon primers. Where'd you get them?

Feedback Score
    Do you know from what era they are ftom?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought the Hodgdon and CCI at a gun show around 2005 from a seller who got a lot of stuff from estate sales.
    Looked online at that time and didn't find anything on Hodgdon primers. Looking tonight, there have been a couple of mentions of Hodgdon primers with one from 2012 saying he was told by Hodgdon they were made over 19 years earlier by the Finnish company and I would say way over 19 years.

Looking at the package graphics and colors, and making the assumption all 3 were from the same estate sale, I would guess 1965 to 1975 on all of them. Not sure which CCI is older though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pretty cool.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes, very cool.

I bought (‘94ish) 35K Rem. 61/2 SRPs from an estate.
    Packaging like your photo.

I used them up loading 38 Super years back.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.