Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Spec LMT Lower! (Fixed, sort of... Post #18, Mfg outed Post #22)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Out of Spec LMT Lower! (Fixed, sort of... Post #18, Mfg outed Post #22)

Anyone ever send back an out of spec lower to the manufacture?

I bought a top tier AR lower and the magazine well is too tight. You can barely fit a loaded magazine in it! What is the usual fix for this? Has anybody ever sent a lower back for repairs or replacement? I’ll be giving the manufacturer a call tomorrow and see what they advise. I’m bummed, I had great plans for this lower. This is the first time I use this manufacturer, definitely the most expensive AR lower I’ve ever bought, not impressed at all.

Thanks for any and all comments advice.
    Last edited by 5.56Geo; 01-09-20 at 12:48.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If it's from Titusville FL, there was a batch with out of spec mag wells last year. They will take care of it.

Also, forum rules dictate you need to need to contact the manufacturer before making these posts unless they've changed it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Also, forum rules dictate you need to need to contact the manufacturer before making these posts unless they've changed it.
    Thanks for the reply.

I agree with not outing the manufacturer before giving them a chance to fix it, hence no manufacturer name given. I’m interested if others have the same issue and what their experienced was in getting it fixed.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    Anyone ever send back an out of spec lower to the manufacture?

I bought a top tier AR lower and the magazine well is too tight. You can barely fit a loaded magazine in it! What is the usual fix for this? Has anybody ever sent a lower back for repairs or replacement? I’ll be giving the manufacturer a call tomorrow and see what they advise. I’m bummed, I had great plans for this lower. This is the first time I use this manufacturer, definitely the most expensive AR lower I’ve ever bought, not impressed at all.

Thanks for any and all comments advice.
    No, I have not experienced this. That said, I hope you try more than 1 mag, or measure it before assuming its out of spec.
    If its a good (hell, even a bad one) company, they will take care if you if its out of spec.

Feedback Score
    What hangs up? Aluminum GI type mag or Magpul magazine, both?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    No, I have not experienced this. That said, I hope you try more than 1 mag, or measure it before assuming its out of spec.
    If its a good (hell, even a bad one) company, they will take care if you if its out of spec.
    The Lower in question measures 0.897” on the front and 0.899” in the rear. My BCM and Aero Precision lowers measure 0.903” all the way around. It doesn’t seem like much but a huge difference in fit. There is only 0.006” difference!

I did try 4 or 5 USGI magazines, they all fit very snug. Of the Magpul 2 take effort to insert.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Bought a Noveske Gen 2 Flared lower back in 2012, went to put an upper on it, pivot pin hole was off center, had me send it in with the upper, replaced it with a matched set. Any decent manufacturer should take care of you.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Both my Noveskes have been tight, but only to the point that it hampered drop free, not insertion. The company should take care of it, if not, definitely let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Did you build the lower or was it assembled by the manufacturer? Sometimes the mag release can be a bit too tight and needs to be unthreaded one or two rotations to seat and drop the magazine.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have been through this situation with lowers twice in the last few years. Both companies I dealt with handled it by replacing the lower with another that was in spec. The only "hassle" is having to do another transfer since the serial number is different. In my last experience, the company paid for all shipping and the transfer fee. Things like this happen, but the really good companies prove themselves with how they handle it.

Good luck. Please let us know how it goes either way, as manufacturers need "good press", as much as critical press.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast