Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election year pre-panic stock up

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Election year pre-panic stock up

What are you guys buying? Anything, or do you have confidence Trump will win again?

I remember post sandy hook BCGs of all things were impossible to find. 22LR too.

Ammo. Mags. Lowers were all tough in 2008 and 2013. Anything made by VLTOR hasn’t stopped being hard to find since Sandy Hook.

Wolf Gold is pushing into the $250/1000 range on some sites and while the accuracy is shit on the newer lots it’s not a bad deal at that price especially when it will be $800+ in 9 months.

What was not hard to find:
    Quality Optics
    Handguards
    Muzzle devices
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    In before all the people who say they have everything they need because they never got off the panic train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Guns and mags are all anyone should be concerned about.

But 3 elections later idk how much more I need.

Ammo is a consumable, I d shoot a decent amount. Based on prices hikes in the past it would be prudent to buy it up now. But lets be honest, when you compare ammo costs to material costs, we should all be ammo everyday, regardless of year. IDK, you have got me to talk myself into a couple cases.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not sure if this belongs in here, but

A case of M193 will not be $800 in 9 months. It will take a D majority white house, house, senate to make that maybe happen. That said, for most people, I am pretty confident that if their supplies of firearms and related items were locked in, ammo would be their limiting factor. It should be most people's top priority IMO unless they are and admitted collector through and through

Most overrated stock up item: Magazines. Few people will shoot enough to wear out the magazines they have, and besides, even if a capacity ban was passed, but you were able to continue to shoot your stocked or buy more ammo through your rifles that you still have, to the point of wearing out mags, you could just do most training and practice with the restricted mags to keep your standard caps ready for more important things.

Trump has already passed more 'gun control' than 8 years of FBHO so not sure how relevant him winning or not really is.

Having stripped lowers doesn't do much good when it would cost you a year's salary to build them all into complete firearms at the panic market prices. Despite popular jabs to the contrary, the grabbers aren't stupid, they recognize that when they get the clout to pass things, they will need to do more than simply ban the sale of new serialized firearms, they will go after parts on way or the other so you can't just build otherwise prohibited rifles out of a $35 stripped lower...or at least make it difficult and expensive to do so. I mean hell there have already been proposed laws with wording so (likely intentionally) bad that putting putting an ALG trigger into your rifle would be illegal.

Stock up on? Spare parts for firearms I own. A merely-adequate number of quality magazines, maybe a handful of extras. More ammo and reloading components. A couple stripped lowers in case the old route there is a thing again for a time.
    Last edited by Warp; 01-08-20 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    Not stocking up on anything for panic buying or “investment”/price gouging, but I did decide to finish building the precision AR I’ve had sitting around for awhile.

I ordered 1,200 rounds of ammo last night, partly to keep some in the safe as a reserve, and partly to shoot more this year instead of just buying it as needed. I also have 2,000 loose bullets but my reloading bench is still in the garage of our old house.

With a pistol, carbine, and rifle, stripped lower for each of my sons, and 55 mags, I need to stop at some point.

Next planned purchased when I get this gun finished are a can and larger safe.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I more or less have all I'll ever need/want. I'm buying a bit of ammo, components, and mags here and there. Otherwise I'm not stressing too much.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    In before all the people who say they have everything they need because they never got off the panic train.

I have everything I need because I've been doing this shit since the 80s...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Point

Made

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Same here. I am getting old and if anything I am gonna downsize and sell some stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I buy in bulk...aka.."stock up"..I dont buy anything thats "shit". Prices are, and have been for years now, too good to do that.
    If you havent already been buying everything, then its your fault if the election goes south. Youll be paying Sandy Hook X2 prices then.
    There are, today, UNREAL deals still out there, and for at least until summer should continue to be.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast