Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zev Oz9 questions

Feedback Score

Cool Zev Oz9 questions

Hello Guys! so I have an opportunity to buy a lightly used zev Oz9 for $1100.00 , I went to my local shooting range and they had this oz9 for sale, rather than jumping on this like I normally would I was kinda skeptical I'm a huge fan of high end modified Glocks so I've had my eye on the Oz9 for awhile now, I decided to rent an oz9 that was there (not the one for sale) and test it up against my agency 17. perhaps it's me but I couldn't get below a 6 inch group at 20 yards with it, my agency on the other hand was averaging about 3 or under, Sorry I don't have pictures to prove these findings, however I shot the oz9 a lot worse than my agency and it wasn't very confidence inspiring, where as I can shot a consistent 3 inch group with my agency at 25 yards , I could barely get the zev on paper. Other than that I really want to like this gun, I love the steel frame insert and the extreme ruggedness that it seems to have, but just can't seem to trust the accuracy of it when I shoot even a stock glock 19 much better as well.

So after those findings I went in to see the one they had for sale, then they informed me that it had only 50 rounds through it, and that the Barrel,extractor, and trigger had just been replaced, when I asked why they told me that the beginning runs of oz9s had issues with trigger reliability including multiple shots being fired at once, Problems with the extractors failing, and problems with the barrel "lug" shearing off... afterwards I looked on google and found the trigger issues however no extractor problems, or barrel problems.... When handling the oz9 that was for sale it had a really bad and sticky trigger, worse than a stock glock. almost feels like it was replaced wrong.

So what I thought I'd ask is

1. has anyone had issues in regards to these pistols if so what was your experience
    2. If I were to go forward with this, is this a good deal, seems like a good deal except the fact that the barrel, extractor and trigger were all replaced, normally that would be an upside but it seems more like a red flag on this gun.

Thanks for your time

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was looking at one myself until I saw Shawn Havok’s review of the gun and how Zev treated him. Long story short he had the issue with the gun going full auto on him and Zev denied it told him to STFU and blocked him on all outlets. That was enough to convince me to not give them a dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like all those guns may need to go in for service. They are replacing triggers on affected models. Serials listed here:

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/10/15...ement-program/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So where we at with the OZ9 nearly a year later? Have they worked the bugs out?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    oops wrong thread.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So where we at with the OZ9 nearly a year later? Have they worked the bugs out?
    I got one a few weeks ago and I have not experienced the full auto issues. Having said that, I have few rounds through it so far.

The one thing I will say, is that the trigger in the OZ9 seems to be worse than a Zev trigger I put in my wife's Gen3 G19. Not sure how this works or why. Maybe it needs more rounds to break in?

The one thing that does suck is the lack of holsters. It seems that light bearing holsters which index on the light work just fine, but an AIWB holster I have for that same Gen3 G19 doesn't work.

Also, I thought they were compatible with Glock frames and slides, but I can swap the slide or frame with a Gen3 or a Gen5 G19.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Love taking a completely reliable design that costs $400-500 and paying $1-2K more to get one that works like shit.

LMFAO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I got one a few weeks ago and I have not experienced the full auto issues. Having said that, I have few rounds through it so far.

The one thing I will say, is that the trigger in the OZ9 seems to be worse than a Zev trigger I put in my wife's Gen3 G19. Not sure how this works or why. Maybe it needs more rounds to break in?

The one thing that does suck is the lack of holsters. It seems that light bearing holsters which index on the light work just fine, but an AIWB holster I have for that same Gen3 G19 doesn't work.

Also, I thought they were compatible with Glock frames and slides, but I can swap the slide or frame with a Gen3 or a Gen5 G19.
    Gen3 and Gen5 use different diameter recoil spring assemblies.

Isn't the ZEV based on Gen3? A Gen5 (or Gen4 also) isn't going to fit if it is Gen3 format.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Gen3 and Gen5 use different diameter recoil spring assemblies.

Isn't the ZEV based on Gen3? A Gen5 (or Gen4 also) isn't going to fit if it is Gen3 format.

Yes, I believe it is based on a Gen3 which is why I thought it would swap with my wife's Gen3 G19. The G19 slide wouldn't fit on the Zev frame and the Zev slide wouldn't fit on the G19 frame. I don't know if I made up the compatibility in my mind, but it isn't there in reality. At least not based on my sample of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Love taking a completely reliable design that costs $400-500 and paying $1-2K more to get one that works like shit.

LMFAO.
    I wouldn't say that. Mine works great with zero malfunctions so far [though not many rounds, yet]. I like the grip better than a Gen3 or 5 (never held a Gen4). The RMR mount is superior to the MOS system. It appears to be more accurate than my Gen3 G19 but I don't have any empirical data on that.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Yes, I believe it is based on a Gen3 which is why I thought it would swap with my wife's Gen3 G19. The G19 slide wouldn't fit on the Zev frame and the Zev slide wouldn't fit on the G19 frame. I don't know if I made up the compatibility in my mind, but it isn't there in reality. At least not based on my sample of 1.

I wouldn't say that. Mine works great with zero malfunctions so far [though not many rounds, yet]. I like the grip better than a Gen3 or 5 (never held a Gen4). The RMR mount is superior to the MOS system. It appears to be more accurate than my Gen3 G19 but I don't have any empirical data on that.
    Gen3 17 and Gen5 17 are different outside of the recoil spring. Glock has standardized on a G19 locking block for 19 and 17 format. At least that's my understanding of the current guns.

I think you'll need an OZ9 Compact (their version of the 19) if you want to swap slides around. And then you'll need ZEV Gen5 stuff if you want to use a G17 barrel on the Compact frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast