Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zev Oz9 questions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Gen3 17 and Gen5 17 are different outside of the recoil spring. Glock has standardized on a G19 locking block for 19 and 17 format. At least that's my understanding of the current guns.

I think you'll need an OZ9 Compact (their version of the 19) if you want to swap slides around. And then you'll need ZEV Gen5 stuff if you want to use a G17 barrel on the Compact frame.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Sorry for the confusion; I have an OZ9c. Again, that's why I was surprised I couldn't swap with a Gen3 G19.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I couldn't swap with a Gen3 G19.
    What doesn't fit? Tight slide on frame rails or some other part(s) being incompatible?

Not that I know much of anything about these guns but I really thought the slide parts were pretty much straight up Glock with some fancy fluting, cocking serrations, etc. Frame parts are also Glock but the frame no longer has a separate locking block. The locking block is Glock in shape but is machined into the slide rail/chassis piece.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What doesn't fit? Tight slide on frame rails or some other part(s) being incompatible?

Not that I know much of anything about these guns but I really thought the slide parts were pretty much straight up Glock with some fancy fluting, cocking serrations, etc. Frame parts are also Glock but the frame no longer has a separate locking block. The locking block is Glock in shape but is machined into the slide rail/chassis piece.
    I am not entirely sure. When I place the Zev slide on the G19 frame, it hits a hard stop with about 1/8" left to go. The only thing that seems to be interacting at that point is the safety plunger in the slide and the tab on the trigger bar that depresses it. Okay... no joke, I was playing around with it as I typed it and I got it to work. I had to move the trigger forward. Once I did that, the slide fit. I don't know why I never thought of pulling the trigger forward before.

Putting the G19 slide on the Zev frame, the extractor hits the slide end plate and doesn't make it in the small notch allotted for it. That is possibly due to it being an aftermarket end plate. The G19 slide to frame fit allows it some side to side movement, the Zev frame does not, I think this is why the extractor makes it past the end plate with the G19 frame + slide. The "slop" helps.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A gun that seems to offer features quite similar to those of the ZEV is the ZRODelta Modulus. The main differences seem to be:

1--Cost. The ZRO retails for just under a Grand
    2--Construction. The ZRO's frame is machined from aluminum without the separate plastic grip shell

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...odelta-modulus
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I had a similar opportunity earlier this year as well. I was minding my own business watching the handguns disappear from shelves when I spotted an OZO for $1200 used. Except...it came with all of the original accessories...and..oem Glock mags instead of the magpul mags, 2 Zev mag extensions, Zev Comp, Zev threaded barrel, plus a Olight PL2. After doing some math, I basically have the base pistol for under $900.

That said, I haven’t shot it a ton based on ammo shortage.

But my short range session didn’t see any negative difference between this or my Zev 19 build.

When you look at what it runs to even build an agency, Zev, or other custom glock, the OZ9 is really not that expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12