Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standalone Bolt Carriers?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Standalone Bolt Carriers?

Long story short;
    Had a spare bolt and some related small parts, wanted to turn into complete bolt. Said "oh, I'll just run over to BCM get a carrier and firing/cam pin, and stick it in and voila! Complete bolt!"
    Go to BCM, suddenly no carriers.
    Got to several vendors (BCM/Ranier/G&R/Primary/Aim/etc); no standalone carriers of any brand.

Seems like all anyone offers any more are complete bolts, OR the actual bolt/FP/CP, in fact there's still plenty of standalone bolts, but no-one seems to offer standalone carriers anymore.

Not that I'm complaining, BUT...what gives?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been needing a standalone carrier too but haven't gotten around to picking one up. I do recall that Sons of Liberty sells just the carrier itself. Although IIRC the photo shows a semi-auto carrier, but while I'm guessing it's probably just an outdated stock photo or something it might be worth verifying with them that what they have in stock are indeed FA profile carriers.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 01-09-20 at 05:03.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Lots of people sell new take offs on TOS, especially KAC after they upgrade to a sandcutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yes, but there is absolutely zero info on them there.
    "A milspec carrier" could mean literally anything.
    The picture is also of a semi-profile carrier with an UNstaked gas key, so...

There is another one there that does appear to be an auto-profile carrier, but again, no info, and only one review of dubious quality.
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/m16boltcar...stakedkey.aspx

I think I'll pass.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Young Mfg. offers stand alone carriers as well, though be aware that they don't stake their gas keys.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Toolcraft; make most other manufacturer's carriers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Toolcraft; make most other manufacturer's carriers.
    Like who? I keep seeing guys post this without any verification.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Yes, but there is absolutely zero info on them there.
    "A milspec carrier" could mean literally anything.
    The picture is also of a semi-profile carrier with an UNstaked gas key, so...

There is another one there that does appear to be an auto-profile carrier, but again, no info, and only one review of dubious quality.
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/m16boltcar...stakedkey.aspx

I think I'll pass.
    I noticed that to, but thought maybe the picture was wrong since it said mil-spec.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast