Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot me first shoes for big guys

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im ignorant, is "Shoot me first" a brand, or just a slogan for tactical gear.

PB
    I'm in the same boat but figured he meant tactical by the links

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am guessing "Shoot me first" means large, and thus attention focusing, target.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm only a size 10 wide but I've had several pairs of Lowa boots that wear great and are comfy standing all day.

https://www.zappos.com/p/lowa-renega...65/color/17460

And you look more like a granola hipster wearing hiking boots than someone to be shot

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Holy shit. Do these shoes run kinda long and are they worth a damn?

They almost have my size. If they are like boot size then I can rock on in the free world.
    I've worn out a couple of pairs of Targhee's, they are great. I wear 11.5 in them and 12's in about everything else.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I am guessing "Shoot me first" means large, and thus attention focusing, target.
    The term "shoot me first" generally refers to typical tactical, CCW, "I'm armed/switched on" looking clothing or equipment. To the best of my knowledge it began around the time when shooting vests became popular, like the 5.11 tactical vest or "photographers vest". Other common "shoot me first" items include cobra buckle belts, anything with a 5.11 logo or tag on it, anything from the Arcteryx LEAF line, Merrel MOAB hikers, Danner Acadia line boots etc.
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 01-11-20 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I’ll add another vote for Keen. Mine have taken a beating over the years of desert use.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The term "shoot me first" generally refers to typical tactical, CCW, "I'm armed/switched on" looking clothing or equipment. To the best of my knowledge it began around the time when shooting vests became popular, like the 5.11 tactical vest or "photographers vest". Other common "shoot me first" items include cobra buckle belts, anything with a 5.11 logo or tag on it, anything from the Arcteryx LEAF line, Merrel MOAB hikers, Danner Acadia line boots etc.
    This.

Sorry. Should’ve been more clear. Wanted some “tactical” ish shoes that have water proofing and are durable/comfortable.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was going to suggest the Salomon For es but alas they only go up to size 15...I have some of the non-tactical Salomon trail shoes....they are amazing. Way nicer/better than any Merrell or Keen I have worn.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This.

Sorry. Should’ve been more clear. Wanted some “tactical” ish shoes that have water proofing and are durable/comfortable.
    Are you truly in a size 16, or are you sizing up to accommodate a wider foot.

If you are sizing up for width, look at Oboz Footwear. www.obozfootwear.com

Waterproofing, breathable, durable, very comfortable, definitely outdoorsy yet doesn't give off a "sheepdog" vibe. They size up to 15, and their wide sizing has been a blessing.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    Are you truly in a size 16, or are you sizing up to accommodate a wider foot.

If you are sizing up for width, look at Oboz Footwear. www.obozfootwear.com

Waterproofing, breathable, durable, very comfortable, definitely outdoorsy yet doesn't give off a "sheepdog" vibe. They size up to 15, and their wide sizing has been a blessing.
    My feet are very skinny. Ask Firefly. He has a thing for them. (I kinda wish I was kidding)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast