Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex Viper Gen 2 PST or Razor Gen 2 - Which one?

Feedback Score
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2420197402
    I'm using this lower price Vortex-brand mount (~$100 sometimes less) which works fine for me. It's not a QD mount. I'm using Magpul offset BUI-sights as the mount needs tools/Torx driver to remove should the scope somehow fail or get damaged during a gunfight.

But I know folks with the $400 ScalarWorks brand:
    https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...rod127305.aspx

I just don't see my performance improving with the Scalar Works brand mount, however.
    Last edited by L-2; 01-09-20 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexOptics View Post
    Still stand by that. The PST is sweet. That said - with the new Gen III Razor 1-10x, some used Gen II 1-6's might pop up for good prices that may then be worth the step up over the PST Gen II for you if you were on the edge. Same lifetime warranty applies whether you're the original or 100th owner and whether or not you have any documentation at all.
    Out of curiosity, is build quality / materials quality the difference between Viper & Razor or is it just glass quality?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I am a definite beginner to anything optics, so I won’t pretend otherwise. But at least by my perception... I like the weight of the PST Gen 1 1-4, though I wish for consistency I had picked up a Mil vs MOA. I love the 1x of the PST 1-6x as well as the additional visibility at distance. But when I looked through a Leopoldo VX-R 3-9x, I smiled because by my perception it looked noticeably and unexpectedly clearer to me. I think the person who suggested considering a non-1x if you don’t specifically need it had a good point.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12