Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM Mid length 16” mod 2

Feedback Score

BCM Mid length 16” mod 2

Anyone have any input on this AR? Thinking about purchasing it and fixing the mag with Mean Arms mag fix to make it NY compliant.

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/Bra...ne-750-133.htm

This will be my first AR, and decided to go with a quality AR vs the Ruger 556 I was looking at. Long term if I start changing parts on the Ruger it will add up quick and probably be kicking myself I didn’t get a higher tier better quality AR.

Also how does BCM compare to Colt in terms of quality? Thanks
    Last edited by Vny22; 01-09-20 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    I have two. One with a hammer forge barrel and one with a stainless. The bfh one was my first BCM the gun has north of 15000 rounds has been used in everything from indoor carbine matches, two gun, even used in local precision matches, gun is accurate and I don’t recall ever malfunctioning. Also been used in several classes with round counts of 500 plus a day so it’s not a safe queen. The stainless had a long break in period but once it settled down it stacks rounds on top of each other, again 100% reliable. It replaced the bfh as my competition gun, the bfh is now retired to a home defense carbine . Pick one up get an aimpoint with a quick release mount and a 2-10 or 3-9 scope in a quick detach mount you have a versatile setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Have one. Changed to a keymod fore end to suit my needs a few years after buying the rifle. Great starting point.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 16" BCM upper receiver group on an Aero lower with a fixed A1 length stock. It isn't my favorite AR that I own but out of all of them if "I could only have one" it would probably be the one I would choose, because it's a real jack of all trades. A 16" midlength, particularly a BCM is a great choice for a first and/or only AR
    Last edited by Circle_10; 01-09-20 at 10:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a similar rifle (16" BCM enhanced lightweight upper) and I'm quite pleased with it. 1.25 to 1.5 MOA with a variety of loads when I'm doing my part, and completely reliable over the course of 4k+ rounds. Plus, BCM as a company refuses to do business with any agency in a state where citizens are prohibited from buying such rifles. I appreciate their commitment to the second amendment.

Feedback Score
    You can't go wrong with BCM built quality for their complete uppers. Functions flawlessly

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a BCM Mid-16 Mod 2. I really like it.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Only issue I can see is that the BCM website at the bottom of that linked page says they will not ship to NY. Might need to look into that before you order.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I only have BCM guns and came from a Colt 6920. I prefer 14.5 barrels but I have a 14.5 BFH ELW on a BCM lower with an A5 buffer and it’s legit.

I’m about to do a 14.5 enhanced medium weight fluted upper with some type of scope I think.

There’s some negative stuff going around about BCM on other places on the web but I love BCM. Good product at a good price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    There’s some negative stuff going around about BCM on other places on the web but I love BCM. Good product at a good price.
    What's been going around negative about BCM?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast