Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BCM Mid length 16” mod 2

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hox013 View Post
    $1500 buys me another LMT MRP, which is hands down the way I'd go over BCM. I only reazlized my old BCM (with their BFH barrel) shot 5.5-6" at 100 with Wolf Gold when I was attempting to compare the accuracy with my Tavor X95. I expected the X95 to shoot worse. However, the BCM shot worse. The only thing I'll say is that I torqued the muzzle device a bit tighter than usual to get it to time. I may have affected the accuracy. The gun still ran like a top. But for that kind of coin, there are better options IMO.
    So over estimate your price for said rifle then say you can get some other rifle at that's better at the higher price. Ok then.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    So over estimate your price for said rifle then say you can get some other rifle at that's better at the higher price. Ok then.
    I don't understand what you're saying. The link shows a $1500 BCM rifle. You can buy LMT MRP's for $1500. I had a bad experience with a BFH BCM a few years back. I think there is way more value in the MRP between barrel changes, gas system, ambi lowers, etc. That's all I'm saying lol your opinion may vary.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hox013 View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. The link shows a $1500 BCM rifle. You can buy LMT MRP's for $1500. I had a bad experience with a BFH BCM a few years back. I think there is way more value in the MRP between barrel changes, gas system, ambi lowers, etc. That's all I'm saying lol your opinion may vary.
    That’s MSRP. Not what they actually sell for.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    That’s MSRP. Not what they actually sell for.
    Ok, now I'm tracking you lol. Yes if it's a $1200 BCM off the shelf, then no you cannot get an MRP for that price. Carry on

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I do not have that particular rifle, but I have a 16" midlength BCM complete upper (including BCG/CH) mounted to another company's stripped lower completed with BCM parts. I have owned and shot the gun for 3-4 years and have never regretted the purchase.

BCM's quality equals or exceeds Colt's. BCM will have a better trigger out of the box; but I would expect the Colt barrel to print smaller groups. Doesn't mean BCM is not accurate - Colt is very good at barrels.

I personally prefer the midlength gas system to carbine for a 16" barrel and BCM does gas ports well.

G&R Tactical usually beats the prices on BCM's website.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I do not have that particular rifle, but I have a 16" midlength BCM complete upper (including BCG/CH) mounted to another company's stripped lower completed with BCM parts. I have owned and shot the gun for 3-4 years and have never regretted the purchase.

BCM's quality equals or exceeds Colt's. BCM will have a better trigger out of the box; but I would expect the Colt barrel to print smaller groups. Doesn't mean BCM is not accurate - Colt is very good at barrels.

I personally prefer the midlength gas system to carbine for a 16" barrel and BCM does gas ports well.

G&R Tactical usually beats the prices on BCM's website.
    Sometimes.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123