Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM Mid length 16” mod 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    What's been going around negative about BCM?
    Bore scope pics of a barrel plus a barrel that failed after a pretty low round count.

Feedback Score
    What's been going around negative about BCM?
    The mouth breathers on the other forum have been bashing BCM as of late. That’s the only place I have seen negative things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Bore scope pics of a barrel plus a barrel that failed after a pretty low round count.
    Just because of one or two guns? That's hardly enough data points to determine whether a brand is shit or not.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Regarding the shot out barrel; you can do that with any barrel not made of stellite given a high enough RoF.

Just because of one or two guns? That's hardly enough data points to determine whether a brand is shit or not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think they are over priced for what they are personally. I also had a BCM barrel that didn't shoot very well in the past. I'd be willing to go BCM again, but probably not for $1500.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hox013 View Post
    I think they are over priced for what they are personally. I also had a BCM barrel that didn't shoot very well in the past. I'd be willing to go BCM again, but probably not for $1500.
    $1500 buys you a far different BCM rifle. Let’s tighten up the shot group here. That’s a $1200 rifle.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    $1500 buys you a far different BCM rifle. Let’s tighten up the shot group here. That’s a $1200 rifle.
    $1500 buys me another LMT MRP, which is hands down the way I'd go over BCM. I only reazlized my old BCM (with their BFH barrel) shot 5.5-6" at 100 with Wolf Gold when I was attempting to compare the accuracy with my Tavor X95. I expected the X95 to shoot worse. However, the BCM shot worse. The only thing I'll say is that I torqued the muzzle device a bit tighter than usual to get it to time. I may have affected the accuracy. The gun still ran like a top. But for that kind of coin, there are better options IMO.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hox013 View Post
    $1500 buys me another LMT MRP, which is hands down the way I'd go over BCM. I only reazlized my old BCM (with their BFH barrel) shot 5.5-6" at 100 with Wolf Gold when I was attempting to compare the accuracy with my Tavor X95. I expected the X95 to shoot worse. However, the BCM shot worse. The only thing I'll say is that I torqued the muzzle device a bit tighter than usual to get it to time. I may have affected the accuracy. The gun still ran like a top. But for that kind of coin, there are better options IMO.
    IMHO, a somewhat tighter muzzle device should not cause a 6" groups at 100. You might go from 2" to 3" groups, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a 6" group unless you have at least 10k-12k rounds (non-abused) through the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    IMHO, a somewhat tighter muzzle device should not cause a 6" groups at 100. You might go from 2" to 3" groups, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a 6" group unless you have at least 10k-12k rounds (non-abused) through the barrel.
    This is my thought as well, but I try to be transparent in that I *could* have contributed. Unfortunately, I never fired that upper before changing out the muzzle device. So, there is no telling. All I know is I was not impressed.

Feedback Score
    Mid 16 mod 2 was my first AR after reading the "Filthy 14" article in S.W.A.T. magazine and how they were run at various schools with tremendously high round counts. I put about 4,000 rounds through it before I got a second rifle from Colt (because it was on our personally owned weapons list) and because Ithe Colt had the bureau's blessing, I started shooting it more often. But I've done police schools with high daily round counts, been invited to test range operations at army's 300m pop up range that we utilized with it. Never had any failures of the gun and that's with mostly .mil surplus green tip for training with some FBI issued duty rounds and my HD round, the Black Hills 50 grain TSX.
    It should be noted that I've got over a decade in Federal law enforcement and I have been fortunate enough to have made a lot of great contacts with guys who've spent a lot of time on the two way range and when those guys recommend a product, I listen. That's where the BCM choice came in, it wasn't for plinking or target shooting, it was for SHTF scenarios...see the quote I like in my signature.
    Edited to add, I can't tell you that you will shoot .02 in groups at a hundred yards, but I have yet to have a problem hitting 2 liter soda bottles at 200 yards plus and having a blast watching them explode.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 01-16-20 at 05:45.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast