Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Bag Suggestions

Feedback Score

Go Bag Suggestions

I’m in the process of searching for a durable, quality, and somewhat discreet “go bag” that is large enough to live out of for close to a week if a situation were to arise, but at the same time not be so large that you wouldn’t want to wear it for a short period of time. I also would like to find a bag that could accommodate a 10.5 or 11 inch pistol build with a folding stock. I was leaning toward the Vertx Overland because of its modularity and options for concealment, but I don’t think it will be large enough to fit this role.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Goruck. As long as your budget can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    7 days? Depending on what you're taking with you that could be a few different sized packs, but if you want to be discreet I'd 100% look at commercial hiking packs. Probably can get them cheaper too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The overland will fit a 12.5 with a Law folder

https://imgur.com/gallery/yKQ3dfy

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Anything that is durable and not expensive (it'll do nothing for most of its life) that doesn't look tactical. Regular daily backpack or hiking backpack is urban camo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    7 days to support what quality of life, what food and sheltering needs, what climate, what is your experience with irregular and austere living conditions...etc.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My observation is the packs about that size (30-33l) can hold / carry more then you would ever want to ruck in a soft pack. Especially if you're putting much metal in it.

I use a Rush 24 for carry on in international travel which is a very functional pack. I also use it for three day trips, etc. Of course I'm not carrying food, water that kind of stuff.

It's fine for schlepping through the airport, but even with just clothes, toiletries, water bottle, tablet, it gets uncomfortable for longer distances due to just generic soft pack issues.

Load up a 31-33 liter pack like the overland/Rush 24 with a carbine, mags, etc and you'll see quickly why padded waist belts and rigid frames are the norm.

I don't think it's an issue with just the rush 24, I can't complain about it's straps or similar. I have the same issue with some other packs like SORD Patrol Daypack or similar.

Originally was going to suggest to save some money and just get a Rush 24. MOLLE and all, which is becoming less tactical timmy. But the price of the rush packs have gone up and are pretty close to the overland, so if I were looking again I would consider the overland although I don't think it's organization is this good for my needs as the rush.

I think I paid 80 bucks for my Rush 24. It is well worth that. And the organization makes it perfect for the way I use it. But for what they're currently going for relative to the bag you were looking at, I would reconsider.

One thing for sure, if I replace it I'm going to be looking for something with some form of an internal frame and a waist belt that will distribute the weight on my hips.

My SORD patrol day pack (32l) mainly is used as a truck bag for extra hunting clothes, coats, gloves, etc rather than in the field. Or as a winter emergency bag with similar. No easy way to attach a waist belt. No frame. Just gets way too heavy on the shoulders long before you run out of capacity.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Check out Sierra Trading Post. I have been buying outdoor gear from them for over 20 years and if you sign up for their newsletters they will email you even bigger discounts.

https://www.sierra.com/backpacks-day...n-packs~d~174/
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Double tap...
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Get the app “Hotel Tonight” and keep a standard overnight bag in your car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast